[ROM]Fission 2.4 Droid2 Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

tebower

Reaction score
Stagefright is a new media playback framework that was included in Android 2.2. Motorola chose to stick with the older framework, which causes some playback issues in some cases. A rooted user can enable the Stagefright framework, but it is not implemented fully in Motorola's ROM. It would make sense if Moto had this ready to go for the next OTA to 2.3, whenever that is.

Motorola's CEO announced that Moto devices would see 2.3 before any of the other competitors update their phones, so it's likely that they are testing an update for the D2G as we speak.

Dealth0072

Reaction score
Stagefright is a new media playback framework that was included in Android 2.2. Motorola chose to stick with the older framework, which causes some playback issues in some cases. A rooted user can enable the Stagefright framework, but it is not implemented fully in Motorola's ROM. It would make sense if Moto had this ready to go for the next OTA to 2.3, whenever that is.

Motorola's CEO announced that Moto devices would see 2.3 before any of the other competitors update their phones, so it's likely that they are testing an update for the D2G as we speak.

Can you point me in the right direction to where I'd find how to enable Stage Fright?

kingwaffle

Reaction score

Can you point me in the right direction to where I'd find how to enable Stage Fright?

You can enable it in Droid Overclock: Extras -> Build Properties

Swirly

Reaction score
Has anyone heard bout the update?? I mean anything?? :-\

Sent from my D2G w/ Fission 2.4.3

Swirly

Reaction score
Geez yo! Still nothing on the updates yeat??!! News... post... anything??!! :-/

Sent from my DROID 2 GLOBAL w/ Fission 2.4.3

mreyn3693

Reaction score
I noticed on Ang's twitter yesterday that it said D2 and DX updates soon.. no mention of D2G updates. Either he stopped working on them or just knows better than to mention a possible update for the D2G's from past experiences.

I can't say that I blame him if it's the latter. Of course, I can't say I blame upset D2g owners that donated long ago due to a promised update.. oh well, life goes on.

jcl197

Reaction score
Maybe hes waiting for a new moto release that brings gingerbread to the D2G before making a new release

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if I need to use Fission Rom Manager in order to run fission on the d2g? I am messing around with my dads d2g (I have an X) and I remembered how awful the stock form of these phones are compared to romed ones. Anyway, he asked me to root/rom his phone and I want to gather as much info as I can before I flash a rom because the d2g is a little different than the X/2. If I can just flash fission in clockwork mod, why would I want FRM? Thanks for the help.

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if I need to use Fission Rom Manager in order to run fission on the d2g? I am messing around with my dads d2g (I have an X) and I remembered how awful the stock form of these phones are compared to romed ones. Anyway, he asked me to root/rom his phone and I want to gather as much info as I can before I flash a rom because the d2g is a little different than the X/2. If I can just flash fission in clockwork mod, why would I want FRM? Thanks for the help.

No, you don't have to use FRM. instructions for manual install can be found here: Install Instructions and Downloads | Team DeFuse

although FRM has all of the addons and themes in one place and you can download directly to your device

mreyn3693

Reaction score
IN a way, yes but liberty toolbox has a lot more editable options.

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
Just tried to dowload this rom for d2g from the OPs site. It says coming soon for d2g and there is no download link. Am I missing something?