[ROM]Fission 2.4 Droid2 Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

mguel

Reaction score
(kind of OT, but it's the most Fission-ROM specific topic on the forum and answering a post from this thread so sorry if OT)

I would think the freezing of that app in particular might be causing the problem.

Try unfreezing the Music app and see if you still reboot; there's something tied to the Motorola Music app that the ROM needs, otherwise it reboots when trying to unlock.

ok I give it some test time and I can say the unlock reboots are gone, but I still have random reboots. I've tested with moto and aosp multimedia apps.

also i'm having a new problem: can't connect to 3g networks after switching more than once from edge: I switch from edge to 3g and it connects ok… switch to edge/2g… but if I switch again to 3g it simply doesn't connect to the network so it leaves me with out data nor "voice" connection. I still canego back to edge/2g but can't connect to 3g until I reboot the phone.

Cheers

JNEHAMA

Reaction score
CAMERA PROBLEM- anyone with FC's with camera? It opens, takes pics but fc's if I try to change settings. Can't zoom et. Any thoughts? I've been on fission 2.6.1 for almost a week. First time I used the camera app. I usually use FX camera. It also works but is not as clear pics as when I was on stock or Apex.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Hey there I have a question about this Fission rom.
Say I create a backup prior to installing the rom, if I don't like the rom can I just simply go back and restore the backup that I created before installing the rom?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Asphyx

Reaction score
Yes in fact the instructions for installing Fission tell you to make a backup so that you can flash back if you have nay issues.

mguel

Reaction score
Update (not to blame FR): Did a fresh install of Fission, and the reboots are gone. And the problems of 3g not connecting if I switched several times is also gone (It was also present on stock rom when I went back to it, so I guess it was a program/setting I restored with titanium… luckilly I'm not having the problem now)

Swirly

Reaction score
No word on when the Fission updates yeat?!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Mr_kodak16

Reaction score
is there any other roms for droid 2 global because fission aint doing to good right now

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

mreyn3693

Reaction score
is there any other roms for droid 2 global because fission aint doing to good right now

Aside from team Get R Done's Romer tools to flash D2 ROMS, I don't think so. I think they were talking about releasing a base ROM also but haven't checked lately. You can probably find out more info by checking their thread in the Droid 2 global ROMS section.

Just for curiosity, what's going on with Fission? I went back to it after trying a few D2 ROMS with the get r done tool. it' doing fine for me.

jt1359

Reaction score
There's also a new ROM being worked on called Tanzanite by Crystal Clear ROMS. It's still in Alpha or beta though

Mr_kodak16

Reaction score
There nothing wrong with fission its just boring its just like the stock rom for d2g with a black notification bar

currentweb

Reaction score
Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.
I heard there was work being done on DarkSlide for the droid 2 global, but the dev has not updated the thread in a month or so. Get-R-Done from is technically done, but they are having problems geting it to work consistently on all devices (for many people, it crashed clockwork). I have not seem any other roms, but i'll have to look around and ask some more people. Lets hope someone actually supports this awesome device.

Mr_kodak16

Reaction score
I heard there was work being done on DarkSlide for the droid 2 global, but the dev has not updated the thread in a month or so. Get-R-Done from is technically done, but they are having problems geting it to work consistently on all devices (for many people, it crashed clockwork). I have not seem any other roms, but i'll have to look around and ask some more people. Lets hope someone actually supports this awesome device.

i agree

jcl197

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that in fission when you launch the Calendar app the graphics are messed up right below the line at the top that has the date. i have reflashed but the same problem persists, it doesnt affect the app but i wasnt sure if it was just on my device