Fission updates via FRM for d2g...

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Hey all. I just recently flashed fission to my d2g and I am quite happy with it. I would however like to install the gingerbread theme with black pulldown and was wondering if I could just use FRM and install it that way or if I should manually install it. Or does it even matter? I just don't wanna screw anything up since everything is working pervectly right now. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Because for some reason, my threads seem to remain active and there have been many questions regarding this rom, I have decided to post the download and install instructions from the defuse site and also include a link directly to it. Again, I am not an expert. I never intended this thread to be a tutorial. I had a question and it wasn't answered and so I took a leap of faith and everything just happened to work out fine for me.

Just to be thorough, i also want to add that before I installed this rom, I installed the deodexed/busybox/rooted stock rom from the GRD sub-forum located HERE.

Then I followed the instructions located HERE

Below is a copy of the instructions quoted for the defuse site.

AGAIN, I AM NOT AN EXPERT AND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR MISTAKES OR MISFORTUNES! I FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS AND IT JUST WORKED! PERIOD! I HAVE HAD NO ISSUES AND THEREFORE HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIX ANY ISSUES THAT YOU MAY HAVE!

TEAM DEFUSE OFFICIAL SITE said:
Install Instructions and Downloads(downloads removed, get them from the official site yourself)

Installation Instructions – FRM Install

Pre-Installation Tasks:

You must have root. You can download our 1 Click root HERE.

You must have Koush’s Bootstrap program for your device. Download from Market or check HERE.

Installation Process

Open Droid 2 or Droid X Bootstrapper (download the one for your phone.)
Tap ?Bootstrap Recovery?
Tap “Allow” if asked to grant SU Persmission
Tap “OK’ on “Success” screen
Exit Droid 2 or Droid X Bootstrapper
Download Fission ROM Manager and place it on your SD Card
Install the program by selecting it using Files or Astro File Manager application
After installing the app, open it.
Optional: Now would be a good time to enable WiFi on your phone.
After the program opens, choose List Downloads in the bottom left corner.
After the list is loaded, select the latest version of Fission by tapping it on the list.
It will prompt if you want to download. Select yes.
After it completes, the version you downloaded will have a check near it. Tap the selection again and it will prompt if you would like to add it to the install queue. Select yes.
Now to install the new version, the install queue at the bottom of the screen is now enabled. Tap that. A new screen will show.
Create a back-up by checking the option at the top of the screen.
Tap the pull down (which says don’t wipe), it will will expland, choose wipe cache+data.
Now, choose install at the bottom left corner. Your phone will reboot and begin the install process.
After the install process is complete, the phone will reboot again. Voila.
Installation Instructions – Manual Install

Installing ROM:

This Method works for all supported devices.It is suggested you follow all the steps even if you are coming from previous Fission ROM. If you do not want to wipe then please make sure you mount system & data.

Pre-Installation Tasks:

You must have root. You can download our 1 Click root? HERE.

You must have Koush’s Bootstrap program for your device. Download from Market or check HERE.

Select the ROM for your device (Droid2, Droid2 WE, DroidX or Droid Pro)
Download and place ROM on SD Card
Open Bootstrap
Tap “Bootstrap Recovery”
Tap “Allow” if asked to grant SU Persmission
Tap “OK’ on “Success” screen
Tap “Reboot Recovery”
You will be booted into?Recovery
Use Volume up/down keys to navigate through menu. Press Camera button to Confirm selection. Power button to back up to last menu.
Create Backup – “backup?and?restore” then select what you want to do
Back out to main menu
Wipe Cache
Wipe Data
Back out to main menu
Advanced Menu
Wipe Battery Stats
Wipe Delvik Cache
Back out to main menu
Back out to Manin Menu
Install Zip From SD Card
Choose Zip From SD Card
Select your ROM
Yes – Install
Reboot back into Android
Enjoy!
Post-Installation Tasks:

Reboot device after Factory Date Reset, do not install any patch yet!?

Always reboot once before installing patches.

Installing Updates and Add Ons:

Open Bootstrap
Tap “Bootstrap Recovery” – if you have not installed yet on new ROM
Tap “Allow” if asked to grant SU Persmission – If you have not granted it SU permission
Tap “OK’ on “Success” screen – if you have not installed yet on new ROM
Tap “Reboot Recovery”
You will be booted into Recovery
Use Volume up/down keys to navigate through menu. Press?Camera?button to Confirm selection. Power button to back up to last menu.
Back out to Manin Menu
Install Zip From SD Card
Choose Zip From SD Card
Select your Zip File
Yes – Install
Reboot
If you are installing more than one update zip then please remember to mount system before installing new file.

IF YOU ARE INSTALLING THIS OVER ANOTHER CUSTOM ROM, YOU MAY LOSE SOME FUNCTIONALITY. IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE STEPS, YOU MAY LOSE SOME FUNCTIONALITY. THIS IS THE EXTENT OF MY FISSION KNOWLEDGE. BE SAFE AND ENJOY!!!!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Once again, I've answered my own question. I went ahead and took the leap and just installed the addons from FRM and everything is working just fine. I wish I would have just tried this rom from the start. It works like a dream. I really can't figure out why you would need anything other than fission for d2g. This rom is perfect in every single way... at least for me. I don't think I will be doing any more mods or updates from this point on. I have everything I want right here THANK YOU TEAM DEFUSE!!!!

apollyon0810

Reaction score
Once again, I've answered my own question. I went ahead and took the leap and just installed the addons from FRM and everything is working just fine. I wish I would have just tried this rom from the start. It works like a dream. I really can't figure out why you would need anything other than fission for d2g. This rom is perfect in every single way... at least for me. I don't think I will be doing any more mods or updates from this point on. I have everything I want right here THANK YOU TEAM DEFUSE!!!!

I agree completely but I think your praise falls on def ears. 'Team Defuse" is more or less non-existant.

satoru

Reaction score
Just that there are quite a few bugs and other random things that don't work. I said the same thing when I first installed but now after some time have noticed its flaws. It is the best for d2g, atm.

OP
tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
I haven't noticed any bugs so far. But then again I was looking for specific things that were problematic on other roms. What kind of bugs have you found?

satoru

Reaction score
Random things like the camera is buggy, I can't get gps to work, my call screen will stay on when I end call but only every so often. I have to power down to fix. No windows media sync but I read somwhere that there's an easy fix for that. Stupid stuff, iv been running it for a few months now and am waiting for something better.

OP
tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Yeah like I said, I don't have any of those bugs whatsoever. My call screen always exits just fine. I use gps religiously and just recently set up my latitude acct. I never have to reset. As for media sync, that's a feature that I have never used so I wouldn't know. Its too bad that you have issues with yours because it really is an amazing rom when it works 100%.

apollyon0810

Reaction score
Yeah like I said, I don't have any of those bugs whatsoever. My call screen always exits just fine. I use gps religiously and just recently set up my latitude acct. I never have to reset. As for media sync, that's a feature that I have never used so I wouldn't know. Its too bad that you have issues with yours because it really is an amazing rom when it works 100%.

I dont have any of those problems either.

spiderman

Reaction score
gmail not working

ok i just put fussion on my d2g yesterday and i love it but i have a big problem with it and it very well could be something i did wrong since this is my 1st time rooting or putting a custom rom on my phone but i cannot get my gmail to work at all so i cannot get into market or get my contacts but everything else seems to work fine so if someone could help me out please

spiderman

Reaction score
i have the fission rom lite 1.2.4 witch has the fission rom vesion 2.4.3 on it

spiderman

Reaction score
i also have android version 2.2 and system version 2.4.330 on my stock os witch i have to keep reverting back to

satoru

Reaction score
I have the same version. Did you do a factory reset and set up your phone as you would the first time you got it? Try this it should install your apps. To get your contacts you should have saved them to a csv file if you didn't then log on your gmail on your computer and export a csv file then copy it to your phone and use it to import your contacts.

spiderman

Reaction score
when the rom boots its like the factory rest and i donno what a cvs is and it doesnt let me sign into gmail to start with at all i can get on the computer and sign but everytime i try to on the phone it tells me username and password doesnt match i even tryed throgh the email app on the phone and get the same thing and with out gmail i cant even get into the market

OP
tRu3_sKiTz0

tRu3_sKiTz0

Reaction score
Are you sure you are suing the correct version? There is only one that works for d2g. That one is 2.4.3... I also don't know what steps you took to install it. I have not had any issues with this rom. Everything I have found suggests that you may be using the wrong version.