[ROM]Fission Vanilla 2.1 - 11.13.2010 - Generic Android

scottd21

Reaction score
Thanks for this awesome rom. I have one question though. Is there any way to search Corporate contacts like in original Moto X rom. I was able to go to contacts and hit the search button. Then type in first couple of letters and then at the bottom of the contacts there would be a option to search my company. If I hit that it would search my company GAL. With this one if I type some letters I don't get that, all i get is search all contacts. If I hit that option it just searches my contacts. They only place I find that I can search my company GAL is if I type a email in the TO section... If anyone has any advice that would be awesome.

Thanks

Tesler32

Reaction score
Thanks for this awesome rom. I have one question though. Is there any way to search Corporate contacts like in original Moto X rom. I was able to go to contacts and hit the search button. Then type in first couple of letters and then at the bottom of the contacts there would be a option to search my company. If I hit that it would search my company GAL. With this one if I type some letters I don't get that, all i get is search all contacts. If I hit that option it just searches my contacts. They only place I find that I can search my company GAL is if I type a email in the TO section... If anyone has any advice that would be awesome.

Thanks

You will need to add the blur workcontacts back in there. I think that is what it was called.

PACanesFan

Reaction score
One question. My phone app doesn't turn into landscape mode when the phone is turned. It seems everything else will: just not the phone menu. Same thing with the in-call display. It locks itself into portrait only. Was this by design?

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Can anybody familiar with this rom answer a few questions for me, possibly in PM if they don't want to clutter this thread.

All of this add-ons I've read the way to install them but since they are already on the phone can I just update.zip ---> Fission ---> Add-Ons ---> Select

Or do I have to take it out of the Fission folder and put it on the root of the sd?

And can someone post a screencap of the Dark X theme?

Rhino413

Reaction score
so does this rom use the Google phone apk or the blur one

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I installed a theme meant for 2.2.1 over Fission 2.1

It seems to be working without complications, should I just wait for 2.2.1 or should I wipe the theme (which I don't know how to do) and install the correct one

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Guess I answered my own question.. was going to try to flash a different theme but could even connect USB Mass Storage to my computer sooo I nandroided back

beranimus

Reaction score
So I absolutely love this rom first of all. The only thing I really want is to be able to take those 6 mega pixel wide screen pictures you can with the stock blur camera. Is there any way to get that feature back or maybe just the entire blur camera back. Thanks for the help.

razorloves

Reaction score
Going to install as soon as i get home and install battery. Are themes installed the same way as a rom?
no. themes should be installed using the "updates and addons" instructions in the first post.
So I absolutely love this rom first of all. The only thing I really want is to be able to take those 6 mega pixel wide screen pictures you can with the stock blur camera. Is there any way to get that feature back or maybe just the entire blur camera back. Thanks for the help.
it's located in the /Fission/Add_On folder on your mem card. use the addon installation instructions in the first post.

Last edited:

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I've noticed that I've had excellent battery life after installing this rom

mbarry55

Reaction score
Ok so I previously had Rubix installed, and wanted to try this ROM. So I sbf'd back to stock, installed clockwork recovery and the bootstrap app. Enabled bootstrap, and followed the 28 step guide to the letter, making sure to mount sys/data, every step.

Now, it went through the install, said it installed completely, so I reboot. No more droid eye boot animation, it just says Android. I think ok, good. Phone boots up, I put in my gmail account, and it proceeds.

I noticed many of the bloatware apps are gone, but when I go to About Phone, it does not say Fission anywhere. Shouldn't it? All I see is build number VZW and System version 2.3.15xxxxxx. it also doesn't report as Fission in ROM Manager tho I'm not sure its supposed to there. But I know i have seen screenshots of About phone and it saying Fission, not what I see.

What am I doing wrong? Am I using a wrong sbf?

ajbattaglia83

Reaction score
Ok so I previously had Rubix installed, and wanted to try this ROM. So I sbf'd back to stock, installed clockwork recovery and the bootstrap app. Enabled bootstrap, and followed the 28 step guide to the letter, making sure to mount sys/data, every step.

Now, it went through the install, said it installed completely, so I reboot. No more droid eye boot animation, it just says Android. I think ok, good. Phone boots up, I put in my gmail account, and it proceeds.

I noticed many of the bloatware apps are gone, but when I go to About Phone, it does not say Fission anywhere. Shouldn't it? All I see is build number VZW and System version 2.3.15xxxxxx. it also doesn't report as Fission in ROM Manager tho I'm not sure its supposed to there. But I know i have seen screenshots of About phone and it saying Fission, not what I see.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

That is correct it does not say fission anywhere but you should be able to tell by the launcher this rom does not run adw stock

mbarry55

Reaction score
Only launchers available are Launcher and Launcher Pro(downloaded automatically via app restore)

So it has installed correctly, then? Just wanted to make sure.

ajbattaglia83

Reaction score
Only launchers available are Launcher and Launcher Pro(downloaded automatically via app restore)

So it has installed correctly, then? Just wanted to make sure.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Sounds correct to me launcher2 is the stock launcher with this rom if you were still on Rubix you would have adw installed

andylulzyou

Reaction score

He left the official VZW info there on purpose.