help installing fission

droid2lb

Reaction score
i rooted my droid 2 global and tried to install fission on it. i downloaded bootstrap recovery and downloaded fission rom manager after donating but it wont open. when i go to astro file manager and click on it, it asks how i would like to view it

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Have you gone to settings>apps>allow unknown sources and checked it? Also enabled usb debugging mode under i believe development in the apps options?

Otherwise did you actually install the apk before using it?

I know this sounds anal retentive to ask you all this but Im also just trying to knock out each step of the process. I assume you're rooted through z4root and have kousch's droid 2 bootstrapper and the superuser app in your apps list

OP
D

droid2lb

Reaction score
Have you gone to settings>apps>allow unknown sources and checked it? Also enabled usb debugging mode under i believe development in the apps options?

Otherwise did you actually install the apk before using it?

I know this sounds anal retentive to ask you all this but Im also just trying to knock out each step of the process. I assume you're rooted through z4root and have kousch's droid 2 bootstrapper and the superuser app in your apps list
this may have been where i messed up, how would you do that?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I just got home from work, let me upload the z4root apk to a filehost and link it for you

OP
D

droid2lb

Reaction score
I just got home from work, let me upload the z4root apk to a filehost and link it for you
ive already installed z4root and have downloaded wireless tethering so i know im rooted , i just dont know how to get fission up and running

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Sorry, well then what is it you were asking that you may have messed up?

OP
D

droid2lb

Reaction score
thanks for all your help thus far btw, when i go to astro file manager fission rom manager is under downloads but when i click it, it wont open and asks how id like to view it

rockshox

Reaction score
Try using the build in File Manager ("Files") instead of Astro. When you click on the downloaded APK file it should give you the option to install.

OP
D

droid2lb

Reaction score
i went to files and tapped on fission rom manager, it reads "complete action using :file editor, HTML Viewer

rockshox

Reaction score
Maybe the file is corrupt? you could delete it and re-download. Or download it from a computer, plug your phone in via USB and transfer it to the sdcard.

OP
D

droid2lb

Reaction score
Maybe the file is corrupt? you could delete it and re-download. Or download it from a computer, plug your phone in via USB and transfer it to the sdcard.
ill try going through a computer within the next few days and tell you how it goes , thanks for all your guys help

rockshox

Reaction score
One other thing to check. Go back to the File manager. Long press on it to get the popup menu and then select Info. Check and see what the file size is. The free FRM looks like it's 60kb on my phone. Yours should be somewhere near that size.

OP
D

droid2lb

Reaction score
One other thing to check. Go back to the File manager. Long press on it to get the popup menu and then select Info. Check and see what the file size is. The free FRM looks like it's 60kb on my phone. Yours should be somewhere near that size.

Mines only 1kb