Fastest/Best Launcher for RAZR MAXX HD w/ JB?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Can you use the circles widget with any of them now? I know I couldn't with ICS when I tried.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

The Motorola Blur Circles Widget will only work with the stock launcher, "home screen", but there is a mock-up on the Play Store called "One more clock widget". There was a port from the Atrix AtrixHDWidget.zip, but Motorola put the kebosh on it. It can be found with some intense searching. There's also a port of the Razr M version with matching launcher, I posted it on the Jelly Bean classroom http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=233657
FoxKat's .215/.214 to JELLY BEAN LEAK Classroom, w/ MattyP and friends!

For other versions see;

[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=F_WbJ6JNSiI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DF_WbJ6JNSiI[/video]

Also check out https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=motoblurclock.uccwskin.dsaif

And this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=factory.widgets.bubbledigitalweatherclo ck

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

banshee56

Reaction score
I'm not going to use Nova any longer because I don't get the Circles widget, and I like having the quick access to settings by sliding the screen to the right. It was great on ICS though

If you want to use Nova and still have access to often used settings (wifi, airplane, Bluetooth, etc), then get Power Toggles. The only setting it won't do directly is GPS, which it takes you to the screen to enable GPS because you have to agree. If you're rooted, you can install Power Toggles as a system app and it will then toggle GPS directly.

OP
pksopp

pksopp

Reaction score
I had to FDR today and my apex backup wouldn't load. Worked before the reset, SD card wasn't encrypted or anything. I know apex was the problem because my widgetsoid backup loaded from the same card with no issues. Suckfest.

I'm now using my phone to test software, and this may come up again. Who has had success with backing up launcher settings after FDR? details would be appreciated!

Thanks

JesterMX6

Reaction score
I've been using Vire because of how pretty it looks. But its still in beta and not really daily driver material for most people (missing a lot of basic functions like folders for example) but man is it gorgeous.

I suggest Apex to everyone as a daily driver launcher usually.

KaChow

Reaction score
I had to FDR today and my apex backup wouldn't load. Worked before the reset, SD card wasn't encrypted or anything. I know apex was the problem because my widgetsoid backup loaded from the same card with no issues. Suckfest.

I'm now using my phone to test software, and this may come up again. Who has had success with backing up launcher settings after FDR? details would be appreciated!

Thanks

Sorry to hear about losing your backups, this is the one thing that bothers me the most with Apex (and some of the other popular apps that offer 4.0 and earlier backup storage, ie. Mass Storage) is that backups are stored on the Internal Storage by default, which is bothersome considering there is no way to redirect backups to the sd card (like some of the apps that JB friendly.) I still happen believe that Nova is certainly the fastest, however even with the backup issue with Apex, they are still the best and cleanest for what is out there.

jaseman

Reaction score
I love Lightning Launcher. Does exactly what I want for a minimalist look on the home screen. Buttery smooth and fast. Play store.

OP
pksopp

pksopp

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about losing your backups, this is the one thing that bothers me the most with Apex (and some of the other popular apps that offer 4.0 and earlier backup storage, ie. Mass Storage) is that backups are stored on the Internal Storage by default, which is bothersome considering there is no way to redirect backups to the sd card (like some of the apps that JB friendly.) I still happen believe that Nova is certainly the fastest, however even with the backup issue with Apex, they are still the best and cleanest for what is out there.

Ugh, I wish I had known that. The backup option says its saving to SD, guess I shouldn't have believed it. :p

Will this be this case with all launcher backups, I wonder?

Will check out vire and lightning. I looked at nova b4 but didn't like it compared to apex, can't remember why.

Thanks!

JesterMX6

Reaction score
keep in mind Vire isn't DD material. I'm giving up quite a bit of basic functionality to have a "pretty" launcher in Vire. Also it tends to suck up ram after a while, and my battery life has dropped. Battery life isn't a huge deal on the MAXX, but I went from 3+ days of regular use to 2 days max.

OP
pksopp

pksopp

Reaction score
keep in mind Vire isn't DD material. I'm giving up quite a bit of basic functionality to have a "pretty" launcher in Vire. Also it tends to suck up ram after a while, and my battery life has dropped. Battery life isn't a huge deal on the MAXX, but I went from 3+ days of regular use to 2 days max.

Yeah the metal clock is cool, as is the screen switching, but that's about it. I'm leaning towards lightning - super fast! Jaseman - did you buy the SD backup plugin for LL? if so, does it work?

jaseman

Reaction score
No I did not buy the backup. I do not have anything worth backing up on my phone. I use Drop Box to copy/move things I want to keep so that I can retrieve them if and when I need them. I also have Drop Box on my laptop so basically I have everything I need in at least three places.

JesterMX6

Reaction score
Yeah the metal clock is cool, as is the screen switching, but that's about it. I'm leaning towards lightning - super fast! Jaseman - did you buy the SD backup plugin for LL? if so, does it work?

it took me 2 weeks of using this launcher to realize that you could pull down a drawer from the clock and put shortcuts/widgets there :blink:

OP
pksopp

pksopp

Reaction score
No I did not buy the backup. I do not have anything worth backing up on my phone. I use Drop Box to copy/move things I want to keep so that I can retrieve them if and when I need them. I also have Drop Box on my laptop so basically I have everything I need in at least three places.

The config file is the big thing, not media/files - gestures, icon settings, etc - I'm trying to avoid setting it up all over again if I need to FDR in the future...cause I'm picky :)

sikassdrummer

Reaction score
i have to agree by far nova with ics or jb

It use to be that launcher pro with pro plus was by far the best , easiest to use and had the most simplicity to customize and no weird meit made a simple full rotation ,i like cube mode for desktop and vertical for the app drawer and it had 1 to 3 dock pages u only need 1 but it was nice as an option . Now with the updates that's all old so is adw i have adw ex and its bad enough you have to open the menu then go to preferances but to have to do it again in adw that's just stupid so i tried Nova when chevycamy1994 made a droid 3 rom with ics running 4.0.4 stable and perfect and loved it ,very fluid and the same simplicity as launcher pro plus and free the paid version just has to much pinch this and that bla bla get the free edition run a cube or card stack mode on desktop you can have 1 , thru 7 pages what ever you want and size the screen to fit more apps make vertical have 7 rows and landscape have 6 it will look funny but hay you wanted 1 page the best bet is 5x4 that is what comes stock so that's 20 icons or widgets per page . the keys are is free , simple , looks great ,is almost the same as apex but better and easier and very fluid /smooth thru page transitions and in the app drawer especially vertical which looks way better i don't know who wants to flip pages to see what apps they have when you can just do 1 swipe of your finger and see everything on 1 page
WELL HOPE THAT HELPS

dan.dar

Reaction score
I'm on OTA rooted 4.1.2, using nova free with 2 pages with google now widget on first page to have weather and calendar widget on second to quickly look up my and my wife's schedule. I have the circles widget and its service disabled (the service stays active even when you switch launchers.) It's much faster now than with the stock launcher and much more stable as well. I haven't had any lockups (knock on wood) and camera performance seems better (faster to focus, better results.)

I also had issues with swype keyboard being slow to show up (swype beta with two languages) but switched to swiftkey flow and haven't had any issues since.

jtc303

Reaction score
Im using Atom and I'm liking it...used to use GO as well but the lag started to get annoying...Atom is good because it has features and customization but is also quick and responsive.

||Speak of the Devil, and he shall appear...