We're Getting an Update = Razr/Maxx HD XT926

KaChow

Reaction score
JUST AN UPDATE... I am waiting for OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION, but a Razr Maxx HD user managed to take the Update via OTA 4.1.2 keep Root with Voodoo. The User managed to use DROID_RAZR_HD_Utility 1.10 and was ABLE TO DOWNGRADE TO ICS 4.0.4.

##############################################################################
IN THE EVENT YOUR PHONE IS BRICKED; THE BELOW POST BY MATTLGROFF MAY FIX YOUR DEVICE.
Originally posted by MattLGroff:
Verizon DROID RAZR HD 4.1.2 Fastboot Firmware:
http://modmymobile.com/staff/pzyduck/Leaks/XT926/VZW_XT926_4.1.2_9.8.1Q_62_VQW_MR-2_VQW_RSD.xml.zip
MD5: 286271B85E284553C537570C53EB7C52
Filesize: 614 MB (644,349,440 bytes)

Use RSD Lite 6.1.4 to flash:
http://modmymobile.com/staff/pzyduck/Leaks/RSDLite6.1.4.msi
#############################################################################

Early discussion below on JB 4.1.2
See my post response here for the update....

Well, this is not what I was expecting or anything close as there no mention of a "newer" Jelly Bean offering (like 4.2) to be released. But looks like this update is directed towards improvements and to fix mostly bugs, and also I imagine adding extra stuff not necessarily needed.

Anyhow, if you happen to have Root, I suggest enabling Voodoo before taking this update this is as precaution just in case this update tries to unroot your phone.

View attachment 61216

Here's the link to the article...

*Also here is the somewhat announcement on Verizon's site, Software Update - Coming Soon! | Verizon Wireless

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
By the looks of it, most likely 4.1.2. Just a maintenance update. That'd be my guess.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
Thanks for the info/article.

danetbra63

Reaction score
So has this update been released via OTA because I go to hit the system update option in "about phone" and gives me the message that I'm up to date. Any answers?
Note: rooted on 4.1.1

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
Pretty sure it has NOT been released yet.

jaydub5

Reaction score
Update HAS been released by Verizon. All areas do not get update concurrently.

PLUS... Motorola is working on their own update... totally separate from this one.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Update HAS been released by Verizon. All areas do not get update concurrently.

PLUS... Motorola is working on their own update... totally separate from this one.
Pardon me for asking, but where does this information come from? Verizon and Motorola releasing updates to a Motorola device independently...that's unusual...not impossible, just unusual.

jaydub5

Reaction score
Came directly from Motorola... Not Verizon. There are many posters on the Motorola Forum that already
have the update.
Motorola: 800-734-5870

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Came directly from Motorola... Not Verizon. There are many posters on the Motorola Forum that already
have the update.
Motorola: 800-734-5870

Not sure what you're reading. I just signed out of the Motorola RAZR MAXX HD Forum and I didn't see any member discussing a recent update. Are you sure you weren't in the Razr/MAXX Support Forum... they just got updated to JB last week.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

snowman

Reaction score
I ask a guy at tech support yesterday(friday 15th) why the normal update process has bee down a couple weeks and he said it was for some bugs they did not like and a new update was coming soon and released slowly as to not over burden the servers
I wish it were 4.2 thats the one I'm waiing for but I think it just just be some bug fixes

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
Looks like after all is said and read, only time will tell what we MAXX HD owners get, and when we get it. I hate "time", I like "now"...:D

koftheworld

Reaction score
Looks like after all is said and read, only time will tell what we MAXX HD owners get, and when we get it. I hate "time", I like "now"...:D

I highly doubt the updates are different.the moto update is a small maintenance release just like the one described in the Verizon information.I can't confirm or deny anything except to say that it's usually a week between user testing (ie soak) and the actual release.it could be shorter or longer depending on tester response.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2