We're Getting an Update = Razr/Maxx HD XT926

koftheworld

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind not being able to go past JB. If Motorola hadn't included a root checker. It appears in the ##PROGRAM menu at the very bottom. Flashing back to ICS is the ONLY way to clear that check. Just unrooting and going to stock even with an SBF/FXZ won't do it. The update from ICS to JB seems to clear it. Which is key if the phone must go to VZW. Thing is this update will become the norm on replacement phones soon enough.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx HD using Droid Forums

Very correct.I've asked hash to look into a solution

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
@KaChow that's the method I used was to go through the recovery. When you copy the file to the SD card it must remain in the .zip correct?

Yes, it must stay in the .zip

danetbra63

Reaction score
@kofttheworld, ive restored all my apps. Slacker radio was removed and I reinstalled it. What is the actual file name of the .zip? The one I have is

Blur_Version.9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip.

I just want to know if this is the correct file

newmanx4

Reaction score
If Motorola hadn't included a root checker. It appears in the ##PROGRAM menu at the very bottom. Flashing back to ICS is the ONLY way to clear that check. Just unrooting and going to stock even with an SBF/FXZ won't do it.
Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx HD using Droid Forums

That's messed up right there.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

koftheworld

Reaction score
@kofttheworld, ive restored all my apps. Slacker radio was removed and I reinstalled it. What is the actual file name of the .zip? The one I have is

Blur_Version.9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip.

I just want to know if this is the correct file

The one from the Droid life post is correct.moto names their files by the version they're updating from

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
JUST AN UPDATE... I am waiting for OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION, but a Razr Maxx HD user managed to take the Update via OTA 4.1.2 keep Root with Voodoo. The User managed to use DROID_RAZR_HD_Utility 1.10 and was ABLE TO DOWNGRADE TO ICS 4.0.4.

newmanx4

Reaction score
Someone at Rootzwiki posted that earlier also. Question is, can it be made to show unrooted in the program menu.

koftheworld

Reaction score
JUST AN UPDATE... I am waiting for OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION, but a Razr Maxx HD user managed to take the Update via OTA 4.1.2 keep Root with Voodoo. The User managed to use DROID_RAZR_HD_Utility 1.10 and was ABLE TO DOWNGRADE TO ICS 4.0.4.

Matt (the Dev behind this) said it shouldn't work.I've connected him to ask what the deal is.

koftheworld

Reaction score
Someone at Rootzwiki posted that earlier also. Question is, can it be made to show unrooted in the program menu.

If you can go back to ics rooted status goes back to unrooted just like before

newmanx4

Reaction score
That's good. I'll be rooting for sure then.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If you can go back to ics rooted status goes back to unrooted just like before

Like stated, that's not true. Once you are rooted it will always show you were. It may show that you currently not rooted but the 2nd number will always prove you once were.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2