[TOOL] Easy Root Komplete

lolie145

Reaction score
I'm trying to root my RAZR M 4.1.2 with the MotoChopper tool, and I always get the same error message: more than one device or emulator detected. Is this because I've installed bluestacks? I'm a noob, please talk to me like I'm a mildly retarded ten year old. Thanks.

Just turn bluestack off. And it should work

regedit

Reaction score
no :(
unless your bootloader is unlocked.

Yes my bootloader is unlocked but I dont want to go trough all the downgrading, rooting, rootkeeping, updating, rooting thing :(. Its long and hectic just for the sake of hotspot.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Yes my bootloader is unlocked but I dont want to go trough all the downgrading, rooting, rootkeeping, updating, rooting thing :(. Its long and hectic just for the sake of hotspot.

If your bootloader is unlocked and you are on System version 9.20.1 or 9.18.79, then you DO NOT need to downgrade. Read through this External link, it was put together by Tucstwo and he does an excellent job of simplifying the process of regaining Root after the OTA.

I should mention for all those others that lost Root due to the OTA, this will only work> if you have an Unlocked Bootloader, if you DO NOT have an Unlocked Bootloader this will not work.

Last edited:
OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
OP Has been Updated, there is a New Development method for Droid Razr/Maxx HD that HAVE A LOCKED BOOTLOADER and LOST ROOT> in the Recent OTA. Read OP for NEW SOLUTION. :icon_ lala:

rcglider

Reaction score
OP Has been Updated, there is a New Development method for Droid Razr/Maxx HD that HAVE A LOCKED BOOTLOADER and LOST ROOT> in the Recent OTA. Read OP for NEW SOLUTION. :icon_ lala:

Just to clarify for those in the same boat as me, it also includes those that have a locked bootloader and did not root before the OTA. I am considering trying it out on my Maxx HD. Yes, it would be nice if the phone wasn't OTA 9.20.1 before I got it, but at least root has some good uses. I'm questioning though if the fixes in the OTA are better than having root without them. I can't compare what it was like before the OTA, but it does run pretty well and the battery life is excellent.
[ROOT] Motochopper: Yet Another Android Root Exploit [4.1.2] - Page 17 - Droid Razr HD Development [XT926] - DroidRzr.com

Last edited:

regedit

Reaction score
Rooting

If your bootloader is unlocked and you are on System version 9.20.1 or 9.18.79, then you DO NOT need to downgrade. Read through this External link, it was put together by Tucstwo and he does an excellent job of simplifying the process of regaining Root after the OTA.

I should mention for all those others that lost Root due to the OTA, this will only work> if you have an Unlocked Bootloader, if you DO NOT have an Unlocked Bootloader this will not work.

Just tested on my 9.20.1 with previously unlocked bootloader. I didn't follow step by step, instead I created my shortcuts to the process:

1) Booted into AP fastboot.
2) flashed cwmrecovery.
3) rebooted directly into cwmrecovery without normally booting the device.
4) flashed supersu from sdcard.
5) rebooted.

Done. Working!

Thanks guy.

Voodooi

Reaction score
I need some help if possible:

I have attempted to use the Motochopper exploit and every time towards the end of the text (after opening "run" as administrator), I get:
[*] Rooting phone...
[+] This may take a few minutes...
[-] Failure.
[+] Cleaning up...

[*] Exploit complete. Press any key to reboot and exit.

So after failing 5 times, I attempted to begin "MattLGroff’s DROID RAZR UTILITY", but I am getting Error 404 when I select the link, which generally means the link designation has moved or been removed.

This is my first time rooting a phone - Did I miss something in the initial root?

I have:
- 4.1.2 (updated)
- Motorola Driver Software (updated)
- USB connected phone (obviously)
- USB debugging enabled (obviously)

I'm going to wait for a reply as I have been attempting this for over an hour and it's incredibly frustrating.

Last edited:

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I need some help if possible:

I have attempted to use the Motochopper exploit and every time towards the end of the text (after opening "run" as administrator), I get:
[*] Rooting phone...
[+] This may take a few minutes...
[-] Failure.
[+] Cleaning up...
[*] Exploit complete. Press any key to reboot and exit.

So after failing 5 times, I attempted to begin "MattLGroff’s DROID RAZR UTILITY", but I am getting Error 404 when I select the link, which generally means the link designation has moved or been removed.

This is my first time rooting a phone - Did I miss something in the initial root?

I have:
- 4.1.2 (updated)
- Motorola Driver Software (updated)
- USB connected phone (obviously)
- USB debugging enabled (obviously)

for updated phones, you need to use the tool here [Script/Utility] ROOT RAZR HD XT926 For LOCKED Devices On 9.18.79 - Droid Razr HD General [XT926] - {Q&A, Discussion} - DroidRzr.com

Voodooi

Reaction score

Thank you for the reply, however I have encountered another issue:

- Sending 'boot' (10240 KB)...
- OKAY [ 0.495 s ]
- writing 'boot'...
- Preflash validation failure
- FAILED (remote: )
- finished. total time: 0.708s
- Rebooting

Now my phone is stuck on Fastboot Flash Mode screen, I can't even reboot it by going into normal mode =(

Edit: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/243212-maxx-stuck-boot-mode.html
This worked - the phone now works. Any ideas on what to do next to root it?

Last edited:

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2

- OKAY [ 0.495 s ]
- writing 'boot'...
- Rebooting

Now my phone is stuck on Fastboot Flash Mode screen, I can't even reboot it by going into normal mode =(

Edit: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/243212-maxx-stuck-boot-mode.html

thats the only way i have seen, unless your bootloader is unlocked, then there is a different post over @ razr to root in that situation.

regedit

Reaction score

- OKAY [ 0.495 s ]
- writing 'boot'...
- Rebooting

Your bootloader is locked and you tried to flash boot.img on it thats why you were stuck in the fastboot mode. You can't root until your bootloader is unlocked.

vakharia

Reaction score
My phone XT926 is almost stock and I am on 9.16.6 at the moment with Android 4.1.2.

I have created a thread here and will continue to post there.

But based on the two comments just above this post, I am unsure if I really need to unlock the bootloader and then root.
I want to root to remove the bloatware (Amazon and Verizon), but don't want to unlock the phone (no custom ROM needed for now).
Should I just run the Moto chopper tool provided on the first page before unlocking the boot loader?

Edit: I just realized that the tool download link to the droidrzr website and needs registration. Isn't the tool available on this forum as well?

Last edited:
OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Let's try and clear up some of the confusion that is taking place here. :serious:

First and foremost Motochopper and Motopocalypse were designed for the XT926 running 4.1.2 under the system version that is either 9.16.6 or 9.16.9 only. You must have Root first in order to Unlock the Bootloader.

The script that is being discussed is for those that picked up their devices late or missed out on the former methods of Root and Bootloader Unlock that had 4.1.2 under the most recent System version 9.18.79 or 9.20.1. The script is designed for those that have System version 9.18.79 and cannot downgrade and want Root. An Unlocked Bootloader was a ONE TIME THING, you needed to have either 9.16.6 or 9.16.9 then Rooted> then Bootloader Unlocked. If you have 9.18.79 right now, there is NO WAY to Unlock the Bootloader, just need to enjoy Root and Safestrap latest version 3.12, there are NO NEW ROMs that are supported by Safestrap. Feel free to Flash any of the older Safestrap supported ROMS for the XT926, if you can find them.

Last edited:
OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
My phone XT926 is almost stock and I am on 9.16.6 at the moment with Android 4.1.2.

But based on the two comments just above this post, I am unsure if I really need to unlock the bootloader and then root.
I want to root to remove the bloatware (Amazon and Verizon), but don't want to unlock the phone (no custom ROM needed for now).
Should I just run the Moto chopper tool provided on the first page before unlocking the boot loader?

Edit: I just realized that the tool download link to the droidrzr website and needs registration. Isn't the tool available on this forum as well?

The state that your device currently is in, without taking the OTA which for you the update from 9.16.6 is 9.18.79. First, off you need to gain Root with Motochopper that is available in the OP, that I posted. If you want to remove the bloatware that is the best way to get rid of it. However, if you plan on updating to 9.18.79, the only shot you have of Unlocking your Bootloader is right now under System version 9.16.6, after using Motochopper, see my other "stickied" thread on Unlocking the Bootloader. If you happen to upgrade to 9.18.79 and lose Root and do not have an Unlocked Bootloader then you will need to mess with the messy script method on DroidRzr.com and register there for that link. There certainly are many advantages to having an Unlocked Bootloader, which even if Root is ever lost, it can be Restored.