[TOOL] Easy Unlock Bootloader Komplete

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
OP has been UPDATED to include an easiest version of Motopocalypse that is in form of an apk that was developed by Matt L Groff. Also, I have included an update for the link for Recovery Flashers V6, this includes the latest 2.6 version of TWRP that Hashcode released on July 10th.

xxxberto55

Reaction score
OP has been UPDATED to include an easiest version of Motopocalypse that is in form of an apk that was developed by Matt L Groff. Also, I have included an update for the link for Recovery Flashers V6, this includes the latest 2.6 version of TWRP that Hashcode released on July 10th.

Thanks for working on this, I am pretty novice and was able to get it done. One question and I know I did this all at my own risk, I get all that. I did the unlocked bootloader today to keep root and get the new update. I have the Best Buy warranty plan. I realize I voided my Moto warranty, but should I stop paying for a BB warranty (since they wouldn't pay it)? Just curious.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Thanks for working on this, I am pretty novice and was able to get it done. One question and I know I did this all at my own risk, I get all that. I did the unlocked bootloader today to keep root and get the new update. I have the Best Buy warranty plan. I realize I voided my Moto warranty, but should I stop paying for a BB warranty (since they wouldn't pay it)? Just curious.

In regards to the terms with the Best Buy program, I would first recommend reading the contract terms to see if there is anything that voids the warranty with either Root or Unlocked Bootloader, or both. IMO the warranty has now been voided on all counts, Motorola, Verizon, and Best Buy, but who knows what is written into the contract with the third party of Best Buy.

xxxberto55

Reaction score
In regards to the terms with the Best Buy program, I would first recommend reading the contract terms to see if there is anything that voids the warranty with either Root or Unlocked Bootloader, or both. IMO the warranty has now been voided on all counts, Motorola, Verizon, and Best Buy, but who knows what is written into the contract with the third party of Best Buy.

Appreciate it, second dumb question. I ended up wiping my device because I could not get the OTA to install. Now that I have everything as I want it, how do I verify the bootloader is still unlocked? I should note that I used the hack to replace the Motorola warning so that doesn't come up.

Last edited:
OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Appreciate it, second dumb question. I ended up wiping my device because I could not get the OTA to install. Now that I have everything as I want it, how do I verify the bootloader is still unlocked? I should note that I used the hack to replace the Motorola warning so that doesn't come up.

Most common way would be to put the device into AP Fastboot. Just reboot hold Power + Volume (-) down, as soon as the screen is black hold Power + Volume (+) up, scroll to AP Fastboot and press Volume (+) up. Check the device, should still be Unlocked.:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

BioDeadman

Reaction score
Every time I run it either one I keep getting /data/local/tmp/unlock couldn't find target What is supposed to be there to find maybe I can add it manually.

rbarbosa

Reaction score
I keep getting an error -11... I got the last update, 9.18. Came back to 9.16 using Samurai's Downgrade,rooted the phone but when I try to unlock my bootloader, i get this error...View attachment 65157

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I keep getting an error -11... I got the last update, 9.18. Came back to 9.16 using Samurai's Downgrade,rooted the phone but when I try to unlock my bootloader, i get this error...View attachment 65157

thats because, after you take the 9.18 update, you can not unlock the bootloader with any current tool.

vakharia

Reaction score
For me the first page instructions were overwhelming and confusing.
No offense to KaChow who has taken great pains to document all of this.

Here is my simple guide (probably more suitable for the novice user - just like me). Assuming you are on 9.16.x, and with Android 4.1.2, here is what I suggest.
A) Firstly root the phone.
For that download the zip from here: http://vulnfactory.org/public/motopocalypse.zip.
Extract the zip file to a folder on your PC.
Then, set your phone into debugging mode and connect via USB.
In my case, Windows 7 got the drivers on its own.

Now, look for run.bat in the folder that you extracted the contents earlier.
Try running that with administrator privileges. Chances are you will get the message:
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

This means, it is not able to find the adb executable in the same directory.

So, replace the entire contents of that run.bat file (use Notepad to edit the file), with the contents found here
xda-developers - View Single Post - [JB ROOT] motochopper works! (Root JB 4.1.1 & 4.2.1 with locked bootloader!)

Save the file and "Run as administrator" again. This time it will do some more stuff and you will not see the "not recognized" errors.
You will get a success at the end and the phone will reboot.

Use Root Checker from the Google Playstore and verify that you are indeed rooted.

B) Next, comes the Unlocking part. The instruction on the first post were very confusing to me.
Here is what worked for me (after spending more than 40 minutes)
1. Download the APK from here:
http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=162...8-tool-easy-unlock-bootloader-komplete-3.html
2. Since your phone is still connected to the computer, you can transfer the APK to the phone (e.g. in the Downloads folder).
3. Run the APK from the phone, you will get a message saying you cannot. So change the setting which allows you to run APK's from unknown sources.
4. Run the APK. It asks you to give root permission. So give that.
5. Press the "Unlock" option in the app and reboot the phone.
6. You will get a Motorola warning after the phone has shut down.
7. The phone boots up normal after that.

Edit: How to confirm that indeed bootloader has been unlocked?

Last edited:

RCOO

Reaction score
So, if I have version 9.18.94 I can't unlock the bootloader at all? I've got root though, is that any help?
=\

kg42090

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid razr maxx
Ok I read the thread all the way to the comments and I didn'tsee any Iinstructions on how to unlock my bootloader maybe I missed that part or is there a link? I have a motorola droid razr maxx I have rooted it already and would like to instal a custom rom but I need to unlock my boot loader help me please.