[INFO] If you want to Unlock your Bootloader, Read this!!!

KaChow

Reaction score
I have constructed a thread [TOOL] Easy Unlock Bootloader Komplete, which is geared for those of us that want an Unlocked Bootloader. As you may or may not be aware Dan Rosenberg cracked Motorola's "efuse" 256 bit encryption that locked our bootloader, a few days ago. So, the devices that are able to gain an Unlocked Bootloader are the Droid Razr M, Razr HD, Razr Maxx HD, and the Atrix HD. When Unlocking your Bootloader You Must Have Root> and the Bootloader unlock works on 4.0.4, 4.1.1, and 4.1.2. Please see this thread for more details and information, Post #2 gives some general information about Bootloaders, for those who want to understand more.

If you do have root please start with the "let's begin..."

lowvolt

Reaction score
Thank you. One question. Does this have to be done from stock ROM? I am assuming so.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Thank you. One question. Does this have to be done from stock ROM? I am assuming so.

I don't think it matters what the ROM is. As long as you have Root, it works. I Unlocked in 4.1.1, all my data remained the same. If it is ROM built on the parameters of your device, it shouldn't matter to Unlock your Bootloader.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

lowvolt

Reaction score
Here's another issue. I have safe strap but it doesn't show up in my app drawer. Also under settings apps all apps it doesn't show up.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Here's another issue. I have safe strap but it doesn't show up in my app drawer. Also under settings apps all apps it doesn't show up.

The best way to get rid of Safestrap is go ahead download and install the app> then once inside the app, select the Uninstall Recovery option> once it has been uninstalled go into Settings> Apps> All> then Uninstall the Safestrap application. I suggest going into your Internal Storage and deleteing anything that is "Safestrap/TWRP". However, on your SD Card you can keep the TWRP folder which holds Safestrap Backups, if you plan to use TWRP Version 2.5 keep in mind these Safestrap backups may and I mention may, as I have not confirmed this yet, may be usable through TWRP's Recovery with an Unlocked Bootloader.

Here is the link to download Safestrap version 3.12.

Keep in mind and I should have mentioned this in my previous response, when your device starts from a reboot or Power on, it is the Bootloader that starts> then it is the ROM. The Bootloader is separate of the ROM, so a custom ROM should not effect Unlocking the Bootloader.

lowvolt

Reaction score
Thanks. I figured I would have to install .apk again. I could not find it. I appreciate your help. With the unlocked boot loader can I still flash ROMs same as before?

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Thanks. I figured I would have to install .apk again. I could not find it. I appreciate your help. With the unlocked boot loader can I still flash ROMs same as before?

Flashing is different, Safestrap uses ROM slots> custom Recovery we don't need that. Same theory, download the ROM, GAPPS, THEME, WHATEVER to your SD card. Here use this app, it eliminates shortcuts. Use this app> select Recovery> select Install> and go ahead download everything. I do suggest making backups if you like a particular ROM setup, and of course look out for Custom Kernels which we should see shortly, and also try out CM10(ICS) or CM10.1(JB) if you'd like. With these custom Recoveries there is no need to see "dead Androids" to access Recovery, its a nice thing.

lowvolt

Reaction score
Okay I am doing it. It says "Unlocking Phone" and a cursor is blinking under that. The phone screen keeps coming on and going off. Is this all right? I am hoping I will get some sort of notification when it is done.

Edit: Looks like we are in. Now for the recovery part.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Okay I am doing it. It says "Unlocking Phone" and a cursor is blinking under that. The phone screen keeps coming on and going off. Is this all right? I am hoping I will get some sort of notification when it is done.

You should see: Unlocked , then there is a message 3 or something. The below was my Computers display.

61891-loving-unlock-we-need-unlocked-thread-untitled.png

lowvolt

Reaction score
Well I am not sure of that. I guess I should have payed more attention. I am trying to flash the recovery now and it seems like it is taking forever. Still making the screen come on and go off. The tool says "Lets do this" and under that it say "2528 kb/s <7606272 bytes in 2.937s>" and there is a flashing cursor under that.

Edit: scared the crap out of me! When it finished it rebooted the phone. A droid and a triangle came up. Thought I was Bricked. Power and volume down rebooted.
Shouldn't it have rebooted into recovery?

Edit: Everytime I boot to recovery I get that Droid lying on his back with the door open and a triangle with an explanation point sticking out of him. Maybe the unlock didn't take.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Well I am not sure of that. I guess I should have payed more attention. I am trying to flash the recovery now and it seems like it is taking forever. Still making the screen come on and go off. The tool says "Lets do this" and under that it say "2528 kb/s <7606272 bytes in 2.937s>" and there is a flashing cursor under that.

If you have any troubles with it, just pull the connection, close it out> reboot the device. And start it over again, the ADB methods that provide the one-click which is great, may take a second or more attempt to get it to go through.

lowvolt

Reaction score
The screen shot you posted is not the same message I get when the unlocker tool finishes. I would post a shot for you but don't know how to take one. trying it for the third time.

lowvolt

Reaction score
Okay! Little tid bit of info here. When tool says "unlocking phone" make sure you unlock the phone and grant SU permission. Duh, SMH, It went so fast when I decided to do that. lol

Edit: I flashed TWRP and when I boot into recovery it goes there but it is big. Doesnt fit the screen and has no functionality. Can't press any icons and a paddle lock comes up. Any insight?

shane1

Reaction score
Okay! Little tid bit of info here. When tool says "unlocking phone" make sure you unlock the phone and grant SU permission. Duh, SMH, It went so fast when I decided to do that. lol

Edit: I flashed TWRP and when I boot into recovery it goes there but it is big. Doesnt fit the screen and has no functionality. Can't press any icons and a paddle lock comes up. Any insight?

that happened to me the other day thats the razr hd version of twrp its not compatable with the razr m because of the screen size.

lowvolt

Reaction score
So can I just reflash clockworkmod over that then or how do I go about doing that