Did the droid razr line up of 2012 just got unlocked bootloaders?

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
Hello everyone. I am excited to make this thread. Anyone who has a Droid RAZR M, RAZR HD, or RAZR Maxx HD, get ready for an exciting event. The Droid RAZR lineup of 2012 finally received new root methods and boot loader unlock. This has been confirmed in XDA Developers and Droid-life. Do this at your own risk. I have not tried this yet. Unlock your boot loader now before its too late. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2783912
http://www.droid-life.com/2014/06/16/motorola-bootloader-unlock-razr-hd-towelroot/

UPDATE: I tried this and it works! I now have root and bootloader unlock on my Razr M on 4.4.2.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Hello everyone. I am excited to make this thread. Anyone who has a Droid RAZR M, RAZR HD, or RAZR Maxx HD, get ready for an exciting event. The Droid RAZR lineup of 2012 finally received new root methods and boot loader unlock. This has been confirmed in XDA Developers and Droid-life. Do this at your own risk. I have not tried this yet. Unlock your boot loader now before its too late. Root and bootloader unlock on stock KK - xda-developers
Thanks to New Root Method, Bootloaders on RAZR HD and RAZR M can be Unlocked Again | Droid Life

posted yesterday here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...nfirmed-working-kk-6-15-14-a.html#post2534248

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Thanks for the reply. This is a major thread on Droid Forums. We need a lot of attention.

threads are not allowed to be duplicated because you think they need more attention.
posting duplicate threads is a violation of the rules on every forum i have seen.
it causes clutter, and makes it difficult to find answers when you need them.

OP
droideddie13

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
threads are not allowed to be duplicated because you think they need more attention.
posting duplicate threads is a violation of the rules on every forum i have seen.
it causes clutter, and makes it difficult to find answers when you need them.

Wow. Didn't know that. Lol. Well thanks for telling me anyway.

OP
droideddie13

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
I ran the root exploit and root checker says this device does not have proper root access?

OP
droideddie13

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
I ran the root exploit and root checker says this device does not have proper root access?

Ok I ran root checker basic again and says this device has proper root access. But I can't update su binaries via SuperSu. Any help? Do you need to do this?

OP
droideddie13

droideddie13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 6
Ok I ran root checker basic again and says this device has proper root access. But I can't update su binaries via SuperSu. Any help? Do you need to do this?

Never mind. I successfully unlocked my bootloader.