Extended Battery

paletero

Reaction score
Does anyone have an extended battery on their Droid 2 yet and if so, how do you like it? Does it make it much bulkier? Heavier? Worth the $50? Did you find it in store or get it online? I wanted to see it in person before buying it but none of the local VW stores have it yet.

Thanks in advance.

teeBOMB

Reaction score
Yo dude definitely buy the battery, but buy it online with promo code BAT30 .

It's hardly any bigger (physicaly) but 1300 to 1860 is a decent jump. I'm surprised the stock battery door doesn't fit!

Check this out
Droid 2 Case Reviews! - xda-developers

Jedidr0id

Reaction score
Is there any noticeable weight difference with the extended battery?

teeBOMB

Reaction score
No, you can hardly tell it's installed. Most people are saying it adds about 2mm's in thickness in the phone, I doubt it's even that. There are no cons just go buy it!

I would be really surprised if you couldn't fit this battery with ANY aftermarket case for the droid two...

But weight? Seriously man we're talking about cell phone batteries, not car batteries.

Jedidr0id

Reaction score
Yep the code is dead. Luckily I have my corporate employee 25% discount which is better than nothing.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Yep the code is dead. Luckily I have my corporate employee 25% discount which is better than nothing.
My employee discount showed 35%? Are you sure it's only 25%? I was going to see if it would let me stack discounts.

I tried it once, with the BAT30 code. It said the code expired, but it also showed the battery as FREE, but when I got to the confirm screen, it gave me an error.

Jedidr0id

Reaction score
Not all corporate employee discounts have the same saving %. So 35% is good for you.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Not all corporate employee discounts have the same saving %. So 35% is good for you.

Gotcha. I wasn't trying to brag or anything, I just didn't know. My family member is an employee, I am on their account.

teeBOMB

Reaction score
That's too bad guys I ordered mine not even 3 days ago... I'm glad I jumped on it.

Honestly though, totally worth $50. I've been off the charger for 5 hours and still at 90%.

wildride89

Reaction score
Glad I hopped on it when I first heard it.i wanted to buy a case for the phone but the battery doesn't stick out much so I bought the black rubber case that verizon had for 20 bucks not to bad the hard plastic cases wouldn't work with it.I've been on my charger for 10 hours and I'm at 60% and I've been running this phone all day.the battery e was worth the money.the battery is much stronger

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
So what's the case/cover you guys are reccomending to use with this battery??? Can somebody provide me with a link to the product?(preferably from verizon or motorola, something legit enough)
I think one of my main concerns is overclocking with this battery. Since my droid has rooted I'm always experimenting with different kernels and setcpu. For those who are rooted u might knw what I'm talking about. Lol so waht do u guys who own the battery think? Has anybody been overclocking and underclocking with this battery? Still need more feedback thanks again.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Also it just hit me that if I do buy it I'm probably gonna need a new case for my phone itself. :/ idk

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

teeBOMB

Reaction score
I got the case highlighted in this review. If you look at the pictures it swells out on the back plate, like it was designed for BP7X extended battery. Works flippin' awesome!

8 bucks comes with a free screen protector. (they sell the same case at Verizon)

Droid 2 Case Reviews! - xda-developers