Extended Battery

lee_pedro

Reaction score
Just ordered the battery from their site based on everyone's reviews! Should be here tomorrow, just in time for a 5-day weekend I have coming up out of town.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wondering how people who have a droid 1 rooted and maybe use setcpu with a custom kernel. How's the battery holding up for u guys?? Plz give me ur feedback

taptalkUdig?

I've had it for a few weeks now and it's great. I took off the Seidio 2800 and this thing actually gets almost exactly the same useful life span: 30-33 hours.

apastuszak

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this battery on a Droid 1? Does the battery indicator work properly? Does the new back cover fit the Droid 1?

Will is still fit in the car dock and multimedia dock?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does the battery indicator work properly?
The battery meter will most likely never read correctly, the problem with that lies somewhere in the O/S and possibly the Kernel...I was hoping it would be solved for the D2 but apparently not

apastuszak

Reaction score
What??

Does the battery indicator work properly?
The battery meter will most likely never read correctly, the problem with that lies somewhere in the O/S and possibly the Kernel...I was hoping it would be solved for the D2 but apparently not

So, using the Motorola extended battery in a Droid 2(which is it designed for) still will not show the proper level? WTF??

lee_pedro

Reaction score
Thought I would you guys a quick update on the extended battery. I bought the one on Verizon's website for $49.99.

A few specs:

BP6X: 1390mAh, weight 1.0oz, door thickness = .180"

BP7X: 1820mAh, weight 1.3oz, door thickness = .230"

I've also attached a few pics (below as attachments). I can't comment on the lifespan yet but it's in and charging.

Is it true that the phones built-in battery meter doesn't read correctly with this battery? Also, is there a battery app that reads in something other than percentage that is more accurate?

Attachments

• Ext bat 1 small.jpg
    Ext bat 1 small.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 234
  • Ext bat 2 small.jpg
    Ext bat 2 small.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 230
  • Ext bat 3 small.jpg
    Ext bat 3 small.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 266
  • Ext bat 4 small.jpg
    Ext bat 4 small.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 237

gtgoldsmith

Reaction score
FYI: Droid 2 extended battery cover (door) fitting too tight

We have two Droid 2s with extended batteries and have had problems removing the extended battery cover (door) from the phones to rotate batteries (when charging is not advantageous). In fact we took one of the phones to our VZ store to have them remove the cover as we could not get the thing off. To make a long story short: they used a screwdriver to get the phone open damaging both the door and phone. We now have a replacement phone for that Droid 2 and have removed the “fabric tape” that is on the inside of the battery cover (we also wiped the inside of the cover with GooGone to remove the sticky residue left by the tape). The door/cover now fits properly and we are able to remove it to exchange batteries with only a bit of effort and the normal run of four letter words that usually accompanies such an operation.

solar

Reaction score
I wonder how much difference there is between the Seidio 2800mah Battery and the 1800 extended for the droid 2. I'm probably going to upgrade to a droid 2 and i'm trying to decide if I should keep using my seidio or try to thinner extended.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Solar, after having the 2800 battery anything else would probably be a dissappointment, I use my 2800 to the point of needing to charge it every night, a stock battery wouldn't get me past lunchtime. I don't know how much better a 1800 would be

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wonder how much difference there is between the Seidio 2800mah Battery and the 1800 extended for the droid 2. I'm probably going to upgrade to a droid 2 and i'm trying to decide if I should keep using my seidio or try to thinner extended.

I may have had a substandard 2800 Seidio, because the 1800 Droid 2 battery is lasting just as long as the 2800 did. Both calculate out to being good for 32-33 hours, based on mv readings.

solar

Reaction score

I may have had a substandard 2800 Seidio, because the 1800 Droid 2 battery is lasting just as long as the 2800 did. Both calculate out to being good for 32-33 hours, based on mv readings.

Thats good to hear. Mine Seidio never got as much time as other people seemed to either, so it would be nice to use the extended since its thinner and would be able to use the proper colored cover. I only really noticed my seidio's superiority if I tried to go back to the stock battery, lol.

OP
paletero

paletero

Reaction score
After having the extended battery a little over a week, I must recommend this to anyone that has a D2. I unplugged it at 7am and on performance mode with moderate use throughout the day (text messaging, wifi turned on, checking email, facebook, making calls, searching the net) plus an hour of playing mp3s hooked up to my car stereo it is at 40 percent battery left at 940pm!

want a droid

Reaction score
Im about to pick up the extended battery today. Will my battery status bar sync fine with the new battery?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

droidwolf

Reaction score
I just got my 1800 battery two days ago and I get a little over 22 hours out of the battery with moderate to heavy use (lots of calls and texts, with web browsing). I recommend this battery to anyone with a D2

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk