Droid 2/droid 2 global case to fit car dock w/ extended battery?

compchick813

Reaction score
We just got my husband a droid 2 global (same size as Droid 2) and we're trying to find a case that will fit the car dock with the extended battery. I have a Droid X with the extended battery, and I was unable to find a case to fit it with the car dock (I ended up getting a Zagg skin). I expect that we'll have to same issue with his phone. The D2 extended battery doesn't add too much thickness, but enough to make a difference with cases. We haven't gotten the car dock yet since I want to get it for him for xmas, so I want to make sure that the case he gets will fit it. Has anyone had any luck with a case for the D2/D2G with the extended battery and car dock?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try not to double post. I haven't seen a case as of yet that will fit an extended battery and the dock but i'm not positive.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

lenardroid

Reaction score
It really is a problem if you have extended battery in your smartphone. Since most of the companies who sells cases doesn't tell or indicate in its product features (in amazon Specifically) if it's compatible with an extended battery. Anyway why not try to visit the Droid store here maybe you can see something invaluable to you.:)

mrmattch3w

Reaction score
There are 3 cases on the VZW website that accommodate the extended battery. I believe they are the clear, the red, and the carbon fiber looking one. All of these fit with extended battery in the car dock, as Rocket pointed out, all you have to do is remove the back plate meant for the standard battery, I found it a little tougher to remove than the backplate for the droid x you have tot take off when you first open the dock.