Droid 2 global case to fit car dock w/ extended battery?

compchick813

Reaction score
We just got my husband a droid 2 global and we're trying to find a case that will fit the car dock with the extended battery. I have a Droid X with the extended battery, and I was unable to find a case to fit it with the car dock (I ended up getting a Zagg skin). I expect that we'll have to same issue with his phone. The D2 extended battery doesn't add too much thickness, but enough to make a difference with cases. We haven't gotten the car dock yet since I want to get it for him for xmas, so I want to make sure that the case he gets will fit it. Has anyone had any luck with a case for the D2/D2G with the extended battery and car dock?

atwong66

Reaction score
Did anyone have any luck with this? I have extended battery too, and I have no case that will fit. If I use my regular battery, case will fit, but home dock and car dock are poor fits. Home dock is the worst fit with case, because it won't rest flush. Car dock is bad too with case, because every time the light turns green, I have to push it back in place to switch back to the car mode. The case I use is the RocketFish brand for Droid 2 GLOBAL from BestBuy.

fox_hound

Reaction score
Don't see a way it can fit with a case pick one and stick with it, its a huge hassle to take off a case to put it on a dock

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
C

compchick813

Reaction score
We couldn't find a case to fit so we got a zagg full body invisible shield.