Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I know I saw a post somewhere I can't find now.. but someone mentioned that they had a case that fits the car/window dock that doesn't connect.

Now, I know many are going to (Or maybe not now since I said that will :p ) disagree with me, but the VZW Case/Holster fits the car dock and connects. I personally love it, with a slide off front cover to protect the screen. It's not fat or thick, has a little extra room in back for the extended battery. Again, its all a matter of personal taste and opinion. But if that's what your shooting to do, this works.

And another plus, it has a kickstand...

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Link?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Set Your Location

case.jpg

Says out of stock .. sure u can find one in a store tho.. it's actually a lot darker in person than the picture shows.

Seawolf

Reaction score
That's the one I'm using right now because it's the only one that works with car dock/Home dock and has the hump for the extended battery. It's an ok case and it works for what it is, but I would have liked to have some scratch protection for the bottom and top of the phone and I can do without the fancy design lines all over it. That being said it works for what it is and keeps my phone from being scratched up when I set it on the table.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
That's the one I'm using right now because it's the only one that works with car dock/Home dock and has the hump for the extended battery. It's an ok case and it works for what it is, but I would have liked to have some scratch protection for the bottom and top of the phone and I can do without the fancy design lines all over it. That being said it works for what it is and keeps my phone from being scratched up when I set it on the table.

Yea I can do without the design but it doesn't bother me, actually kinda grew on me... and I rarely drop my phone, let alone so that it lands perfectly flat on the top or bottom

AndyMcDroid

Reaction score
I know I saw a post somewhere I can't find now.. but someone mentioned that they had a case that fits the car/window dock that doesn't connect.

Now, I know many are going to (Or maybe not now since I said that will :p ) disagree with me, but the VZW Case/Holster fits the car dock and connects. I personally love it, with a slide off front cover to protect the screen. It's not fat or thick, has a little extra room in back for the extended battery. Again, its all a matter of personal taste and opinion. But if that's what your shooting to do, this works.

And another plus, it has a kickstand...

I volunteer to be the counterpoint. :) I have the shell/holster from Verizon, as well as the car dock. IMO, it doesn't fit properly. That's not to say it can't be forced, but I won't force it. The removable insert in the car dock is designed to accommodate a case/shell of uniform thickness. Due to the kickstand, the Verizon shell does not have a uniform thickness - the part covering the extended battery (or where the extended battery would be, if you had one) is thicker, preventing it from fitting in the dock - at least to my satisfaction.

If you're happy with the way yours fits, I'm happy for you... and a little jealous. But for now I have ordered a Technocel case/holster (that does not accommodate the extended battery) and I'll see how that goes.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I volunteer to be the counterpoint. :) I have the shell/holster from Verizon, as well as the car dock. IMO, it doesn't fit properly. That's not to say it can't be forced, but I won't force it. The removable insert in the car dock is designed to accommodate a case/shell of uniform thickness. Due to the kickstand, the Verizon shell does not have a uniform thickness - the part covering the extended battery (or where the extended battery would be, if you had one) is thicker, preventing it from fitting in the dock - at least to my satisfaction.

If you're happy with the way yours fits, I'm happy for you... and a little jealous. But for now I have ordered a Technocel case/holster (that does not accommodate the extended battery) and I'll see how that goes.

Yea It does fit snuggly, I don't have to force it, but it is a tight it. To me a kickstand was a must so I went with it and it works good for what I need it for. Let us know and post some pics of the one you ordered, you got me curious now :)

Shadez

Wnclivin

Reaction score
I just use the Verizon silicone case on mine and it fits in the HD media dock perfectly. I tried the extended shell/holster and hated the thickness, but I do miss the kickstand.

pkooistra

Reaction score
I would also like to know if anyone has had any success with the otterbox commuter. What if you take the outside layer off?

I need a case that will offer decent protection from a drop and also work in the OEM docks