[Exclusive Rumor] Verizon to Announce New 'More Everything Plans' Starting Tomorrow

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So far still happy with my move to At&t. My Nexus 5 should be here today, can take back this Nokia Lumia 1520. Verizon will have to do better than that to win me back.

Lumia!? Ewww... No wonder you were unhappy! :p

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Lumia!? Ewww... No wonder you were unhappy! :p

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

:)

Actually, I really like this Windows phone for work purposes. And the UI is actually kinda great, no lag what so ever. Just does not have the applications I need and am used to.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah if the 12GB plan included your first device, and then a second device was $40/month, I'd be in even giving up my unlimited data. Right now I have 2 smartphones, 700 anytime minutes (free nights and weekends and VZ to VZ calling), 500 texts on each line (w unlimited VZ to VZ texting) and unlimited data for ~$165/month.

I'd be willing to go with Unlimited talk and text and 12GB shared data with the two devices for $170/month (out the door). Right now that would be $190/month before taxes and fees.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I was just getting ready to jump ship to AT&T and their new 10GB plan. Would cost $140 for three data lines sharing 10GB and having unlimited call and text. Right now I have two data unlimited lines (one on month to month and a dumbphone line sharing 700 minutes. Was gonna sell those three plans. If I can get my price close to the AT&T deal and stay I will do it. Jut wonder if I would have to commit to contracts again. On the AT&T we were bringing our own devices and going month to month.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I was just getting ready to jump ship to AT&T and their new 10GB plan. Would cost $140 for three data lines sharing 10GB and having unlimited call and text. Right now I have two data unlimited lines (one on month to month and a dumbphone line sharing 700 minutes. Was gonna sell those three plans. If I can get my price close to the AT&T deal and stay I will do it. Jut wonder if I would have to commit to contracts again. On the AT&T we were bringing our own devices and going month to month.

Lot to be said for not being locked into a contract.

Sent from my Nexus 5

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I was without wifi for 9 days. I have t mobile unlimited and it saved my butt from boredom. Went through 12 gb in 9 days

timewaster

Reaction score
You really hit the nail on the head. I recently bought the Verizon Moto X, full retail, with 4.2.2 installed, for my unlimited plan only after confirming that my beloved, not abused, wi-fi tethering still worked. I would soon find an OTA KitKat update badgering me constantly. I diligently made sure I didn't accidentally touch the wrong spot on my screen for a month. I lost the battle when somehow the download began installing. I feel......betrayed somewhat. I recall a OEM stating that he wished they had never made wi_fi only tablets....when is enough....enough!!!
Agreed. I keep unlimited purely because I travel a lot, and could be away from wifi for 4-5 days. And sometimes the hotel wifi isn't all that, so I tether. I sometimes tether at work, too, so my usage/data traffic can't be monitored by IT (not that it's an issue, but I don't want a 5-min break to read a CNNSI article to bite me).

I could easily give up unlimited, but until they offer me some real savings I have no reason to. If and when a phone comes out that make me want to upgrade, then maybe I'll have a choice to make whether paying full retail is worth keeping unlimited for.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It just seems funny to me that, for $10-$20 more a month and a limited data plan, that a "subsidized" phone would make sense.

Going on 2.5 years with my Rezound, and just bought a new battery. I do need more ram because I run a ridiculous # of screens (21) and widgets (50+), but it does manage pretty well with some build.prop tweaks.

Just have to get used to the idea of buying used phones on EBAY. The upgrades now are so marginal buying a 12-mo old phone every 2-3 years should suit me just fine. Plus it has the added benefit of seeing which phones are the best and most supported by developers.

Seriously considering a used MotoX. I have a lot of music, but I think I can manage with an unlimited data plan. Heck, I figure I might be able to get $150 for my Rezound (S-off, 64gig card, new extended battery) if I really want to get cheap.