[Exclusive Rumor] Verizon to Announce New 'More Everything Plans' Starting Tomorrow

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizons-new-plans-coming.jpg

Here's the hot story of the day by a long shot. It's so hot, our fingers are still burning as we type this up. Supposedly, Verizon plans to announce their new "More Everything Plans" tomorrow (Thursday, February 13th). As you can see from the leaked internal promo doc above, VZW's new plans will offer a slew of new and/or improved options. Many of these plans offer a bit more value than Verizon's current offerings.

In fact, if you were considering one of their Share Everything plans you may want to take a peek at this first. The amount of data you get for the monthly charge is now double in some instances. You can also upgrade more often than before. Verizon is even including unlimited international messaging and more. The main highlights are in the middle where we see the data increases.

Overall, it's not a spectacular change, but anytime Big Red gives an inch it's news-worthy material. Sound off with your thoughts on these newest plans.

Thanks to our anonymous tipster!

Last edited:

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about calling and changing my plan to the 3gb tomorrow and adding the cloud storage. 25gb is a steal, considering I got rid of it in October because I was tired of paying $3/month. I think these changes will benefit the average consumer more. Still nowhere near the deal like AT&T has for 10gb+, but it's a small step in the right direction

Sent from my Droid Maxx

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Actually what would be really slick is if I could keep my unlimited data (for a tablet), and then do the $40 plan on this deal for my smartphone. I'd only be paying $70-$80 still, but have a tablet with unlimited data and still have a smartphone with 1-2gigs of data. Or am I missing the $40 device fee (not indicated here, fine print no doubt)

Add a VoIP service and BT headphone to the tablet and I'd be set!

I'm sure I can't keep my same phone number, but if I could somehow transfer my phone number to this new plan for smartphone, and keep my unlimited data for a tablet THAT would be a heck of a deal.

Last edited:

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Prices look great! But then I see the bottom left corner. Don't forget to tack on another $40 per cellphone

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Prices look great! But then I see the bottom left corner. Don't forget to tack on another $40 per cellphone

Yeah, that's a rip-off. They do have single line plans (I think separate from share everything), but you can't seem to price a device/plan from their website that doesn't default to share everything.

$90 for 1gig of data? Please, more than I pay now for unlimited data. I still can't believe they jacked-up prices for individual users like that while handing out discounts to "family" plans. I understand family plans should get a discount, but no reason a 2gig plan for 1 device with unlimited talk/text should be more than $70.

If VZW ever terminates my plan I'd have little choice but to go to Sprint or TMo.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's a rip-off. They do have single line plans (I think separate from share everything), but you can't seem to price a device/plan from their website that doesn't default to share everything.

$90 for 1gig of data? Please, more than I pay now for unlimited data. I still can't believe they jacked-up prices for individual users like that while handing out discounts to "family" plans. I understand family plans should get a discount, but no reason a 2gig plan for 1 device with unlimited talk/text should be more than $70.

If VZW ever terminates my plan I'd have little choice but to go to Sprint or TMo.

A couple weeks ago they put out a $60 plan for unlimited minutes and text and 1gb data, or $45 for 250mb. Catch is that neither plan qualifies for corporate discounts and it is single line only. But, we can do two or more on an account, they just wouldn't share data, each phone would have 1gb

Sent from my Droid Maxx

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago they put out a $60 plan for unlimited minutes and text and 1gb data, or $45 for 250mb. Catch is that neither plan qualifies for corporate discounts and it is single line only. But, we can do two or more on an account, they just wouldn't share data, each phone would have 1gb

Yeah, I saw that. But couldn't price it out with a device (apparently have to talk to a rep, either online or a store). I assumed there's no device charge, but couldn't verify that.

So looks like I could do that $60 plan for a smartphone, then put a tablet on my $30 unlimited data plan (dropping the voice/text). $10 more than I pay now, but I pick-up unlimited voice. Although I don't think I could port my number and keep the unlimited data, so that could be a deal breaker.

I may consider that, but I'm not satisfied with the specs on current phones/tablets in the size range I'm looking for.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You can't find it because it is hidden in their system ;-) I have to search for it using a code they gave us in order to apply it.
On the contract, it says monthly line access fee is $60, when it would normally say $40/$30/etc

Sent from my Droid Maxx

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
You can't find it because it is hidden in their system ;-) I have to search for it using a code they gave us in order to apply it.
On the contract, it says monthly line access fee is $60, when it would normally say $40/$30/etc

Yeah, I guess they figure they make more money off people who just overpay for a Share Everything plan than individual users that walk away because of cost.

But that's not a bad deal for $60 - I found when I was away from wifi a lot I still rarely went over 1gig of data.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess they figure they make more money off people who just overpay for a Share Everything plan than individual users that walk away because of cost.

But that's not a bad deal for $60 - I found when I was away from wifi a lot I still rarely went over 1gig of data.

I have unlimited but still only use about 6 GB a month. Aside from tethering its hard to rack up a lot of mobile data IMHO.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I'm typically right around 2 if not using wifi. Last month I used wifi at work and home and used 4.5gb on it, and just under 500mb on the network. The "average" smartphone user is between 1-2gb/month. I was so resistant to give up my unlimited back in Oct, but I've always kept track of my usage for the 2 years I've sold Verizon, so I know my usage history. I think Verizon should have been like AT&T and kept unlimited grandfathered, but they're money hogs, we all know that ;-) With the new changes to AT&T plans, I'd consider switching back to them if they ever get a phone with similar battery/signal like the Maxx

Sent from my Droid Maxx

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have unlimited but still only use about 6 GB a month. Aside from tethering its hard to rack up a lot of mobile data IMHO.

Agreed. I keep unlimited purely because I travel a lot, and could be away from wifi for 4-5 days. And sometimes the hotel wifi isn't all that, so I tether. I sometimes tether at work, too, so my usage/data traffic can't be monitored by IT (not that it's an issue, but I don't want a 5-min break to read a CNNSI article to bite me).

I could easily give up unlimited, but until they offer me some real savings I have no reason to. If and when a phone comes out that make me want to upgrade, then maybe I'll have a choice to make whether paying full retail is worth keeping unlimited for.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So far still happy with my move to At&t. My Nexus 5 should be here today, can take back this Nokia Lumia 1520. Verizon will have to do better than that to win me back.