[ROM] Eclipse ICS for droid 4

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
i keep having problems with my phone rebooting once or twice a day. only occurs when im going to change a song or use it. will freeze up then reboot. using the 1320lv and setcpu is set to hotplugx on boot. ive wiped the cache too for the problem only to happen again the next day. any ideas or things i need to check?

If i were you I would try the 1320 standard voltage oc. My phone doesn't like the lv or ulv kernels either :(

Reaction score
My battery keeps draining really quickly. I am on 1320 with speed script lv and 1.5.2... i erased all of my music and pictures, but it still seems to drain more quickly than it should. I had to restart the phone after I installed the new rom. What is with this indexing and having the data on, anyway? Sounds pretty sketch.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey, so has anyone else had the error while updating an app in the play store and it fails saying insufficient storage? I rebooted, double-checked my free space everywhere, and even cleared data on the play store, but it persists. After clearing data, a few apps did finally update, but Facebook still throws the error each time after downloading and starting to install.
yeah its a ss3 rom slot problem... maybe your partition is too small or you filled up all your slot memory.

enoell

Reaction score
yeah the lv is less stable. all my patches are lv anyway... the one labled as lv is really low voltage lol... the normal 1320 is the best choice for most users.

word i will try it out, thanks for update

Reaction score
For some reason I can't access Google speak (talk to text) via my keyboard, anymore. Is there a way to fix this? I've tried every single menu option that I can think of.

Thanks.

kenji91

Reaction score
My gmail has been stuck at "sending" when I replied to an email today. I was wondering why my friend hadnt responded to me because it was regarding dinner plans for tonight.

Any idea what could have happened?

Edit: I've seen this previously. The easy fix was to force stop and clear data on the Gmail app. It seems to be working now.

Last edited:

Cstryon

Reaction score
yeah the lv is less stable. all my patches are lv anyway... the one labled as lv is really low voltage lol... the normal 1320 is the best choice for most users.

I haven't been following much. Reading occasionally, but everything seems to run fine as expected. Except, I experience some occasional lag. When I hit home twice and kill apps (slide it off the screen, I think that kills apps) it seems to fix the lag for a time. I'm on the ulv 1320. Is it possible that this is why I'm having so frequent lag?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

kenji91

Reaction score
I am not even patched and sometimes I get terribly lag :(

This could be caused by many things. The most likely perpetrator is a memory-hogging app. Check your running apps; perhaps a game you started is still running in the background. I'd also recommend uninstalling any apps that you don't think you'll be using again. The next thing I'd try is to download SetCPU (or ROM Toolbox) and make sure that your D4's max CPU is high enough. I've seen it where the max and the min were both set to 300mhz.

You could also try flashing one of the overclock scripts from myfishbear's server. I'm running 1320ulv and it's very smooth. Keep in mind that if you set a max in SetCPU and then flash a different OC script, the max you set in SetCPU will not be valid anymore and it will default to 300mhz. For example, if I'm running the 1275lv script (min/max is set to 300/1275), and I flash the 1320lv script, the phone will not recognize 1320 by default as the max and will be set to 300/300 (min/max). You need to go into a CPU controlling app (whether it's SetCPU or another one) and set the max to 1320mhz.

OP
myfishbear

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I haven't been following much. Reading occasionally, but everything seems to run fine as expected. Except, I experience some occasional lag. When I hit home twice and kill apps (slide it off the screen, I think that kills apps) it seems to fix the lag for a time. I'm on the ulv 1320. Is it possible that this is why I'm having so frequent lag?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
try the 1320 patch instead of the 1320 ulv