Droid2 official gb release 8/31 11:59pm

sb1831

Reaction score
YES it can be rooted I've already done so. If you're not on stock, or don't have all of the system files installed you may have difficulty installing. It will be rolled out in stages and available for pulling at Midnight

thebird36

Reaction score
I believe you need to use the droid 3 method of rooting if I'm not mistaken? I've seen a few links

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

JParkins

Reaction score
Downloading the update now! And everyone on soak test was able to riot using Droid 3 method.

maxwellag

Reaction score
Did you guys with d2s have the official ota update the day after the soak test??
I am curious because the droid 2 global soak test was tonight, and I am hoping the update comes very soon.
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

JParkins

Reaction score
This is WAY faster than Froyo. Going to root tomorrow!

samiusmc

Reaction score
Can someone confirm the proper method to root this build?

hansomehy

Reaction score
Official GB? do you mean 2.3.4?

that's a late good news.but Chinese version is 30/9,said Xuanjun Si, some big one in MOTO China.

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Seeing as this forum/thread does not yet seem to be flooded with OMFG THIS BUILD HAS SO MANY BUGS posts.... is it safe to assume most folks are happy with it? (Or are there not many crazed midnight D2 enthusiasts like there are with the DX'rs?) Wondering if its safeish to walk my mother through this upgrade over the phone its been hard trying to remember back to froyo for any questions that arose....

JokerSeven

Reaction score
I got my official OTA GB just now.This is not the soak. The full roll out is underway.

daimien

Reaction score
I got gingerbred im loving it

broman77

Reaction score
I didn't get the gb update not sure why I didn't I took z4 root off my phone and checked and still nothing am I doing something wrong

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

cdipier2

Reaction score
I have tried 3 times to ota ginngerbread and it keeps failing. I was rooted and the only thing I deleted was amazon mp3 but I redownloaded it and did a factory reset. Still nothing, anyone have any suggestions?

hond2

Reaction score
I didn't get the gb update not sure why I didn't I took z4 root off my phone and checked and still nothing am I doing something wrong

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

This is D2 not D2g

hond2

Reaction score
I have tried 3 times to ota ginngerbread and it keeps failing. I was rooted and the only thing I deleted was amazon mp3 but I redownloaded it and did a factory reset. Still nothing, anyone have any suggestions?

I hear you may need to remove bootstrapper also. I am personally planning on doing a fresh sbf first. Then d3 root. As alternative, sounds like team black hat is about to release a pre rooted all-in-one flashable.