Droid2 official gb release 8/31 11:59pm

OP
S

sb1831

Reaction score
By the way thanks for not busting my balls about the 8/31 Date LOL. I was tired as hell when I posted this.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
So has anyone SBF'd back to either Froyo or the previous GB leak SBF after applying the official GB OTA update?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool...let us know if smoke starts coming out of your D2. ;-) Are you SBFing back to Froyo or the GB leak we've had?

oz0ne

Reaction score
Cool...let us know if smoke starts coming out of your D2. ;-) Are you SBFing back to Froyo or the GB leak we've had?

Gonna test the root method first. Second, I'll try and install CM74D2GB. Then, after that I'm going to attempt to SBF back to Froyo. If not, then I'll be heading to my Verizon Wireless store. This OTA download is excruciatingly slow though.

americanz

Reaction score
Gonna test the root method first. Second, I'll try and install CM74D2GB. Then, after that I'm going to attempt to SBF back to Froyo. If not, then I'll be heading to my Verizon Wireless store. This OTA download is excruciatingly slow though.

root works i have done it. you shouild be able to sbf. you can on the x so idk why you couldnt on d2

oz0ne

Reaction score
OTA booted and rooted confirmed! Now trying the CM7GB install. Report back soon...

oz0ne

Reaction score
And we have CM7GB on the OTA. Fresh install and with a nandroid. Go have at it people.

johnejo

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it came with an unlocked bootloader?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOL...no, it did not. But I like your positive attitude... ;-)

johnejo

Reaction score
Thanks. Call it wishful thinking. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

michman

Reaction score
"check for update was not available at this time. try again later" anything wrong? or just be patient for my wave of the update?

dieselmk5

Reaction score
"check for update was not available at this time. try again later" anything wrong? or just be patient for my wave of the update?
i read on droidlife that if you have rooted your phone or removed any of the verizon bloatware it wont allow you to receive the gingerbread ota update, i just unrooted my phone and sbf'd it and the minute it rebooted the update was available