Droid2 official gb release 8/31 11:59pm

OP
S

sb1831

Reaction score
I hear you may need to remove bootstrapper also. I am personally planning on doing a fresh sbf first. Then d3 root. As alternative, sounds like team black hat is about to release a pre rooted all-in-one flashable.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
MANY PEOPLE that were involved in the soak, didn't get the upgrade. I have my speculations and reasons why and won't post them in the public, but let's just say I'd SBF, factory data reset wait a couple hours and try pulling the download.

String

Reaction score
Got Root?

Which method works? Can someone please link to or post instructions?

TIA

chasehammer

Reaction score
no R2D2 love...sigh

sticking with my leak to see if they release something in next few days before i SBF and get official version.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
MANY PEOPLE that were involved in the soak, didn't get the upgrade. I have my speculations and reasons why and won't post them in the public, but let's just say I'd SBF, factory data reset wait a couple hours and try pulling the download.

They aren't speculations. Someone received an email saying they were removed from soak for having third party software on their phone. It's simple. If you're rooted or messed with your Froyo install, you ain't getting GB OTA until you SBF.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

michael7269

Reaction score
Got my OTA update this morning. Am loving it. Anyone know of there is an sbf file in the works. Would like to see that before I root.

OP
S

sb1831

Reaction score
They aren't speculations. Someone received an email saying they were removed from soak for having third party software on their phone. It's simple. If you're rooted or messed with your Froyo install, you ain't getting GB OTA until you SBF.

I just didn't want to open that can of worms.

OP
S

sb1831

Reaction score
Which method works? Can someone please link to or post instructions?

TIA

I used ADB shell, but I believe you may be able to use the D3 one click... might want to check at XDA developers

String

Reaction score
I used ADB shell, but I believe you may be able to use the D3 one click... might want to check at XDA developers
Is that the original root from froyo? Do you have a link to the instructions for the method you used?

I did not see anything on XDA for D2 Gingerbread.

EDIT: I did not see anything on XDA for the Official D2 Gingerbread.

sziehr

Reaction score

I had root, OTA came through just done with no SBF.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I think the OTA issues are because of tampering system files moreso than just rooting. I could be wrong, but this is typically the case.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Can someone confirm the soak version as 4.5.607 please.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

oz0ne

Reaction score
Anyone know if its possible to SBF back to Froyo after downloading the OTA if need be?

Barchetta

Reaction score
anyone with the R2D2 get the update yet? Just curious, mine says it is currently up to date:(