Update release at 8 pm tonight

jdauriemma

Reaction score
Noob Mistake... Big Problem.

Is this update not available for rooted TBs??

My TB is rooted and whenever I try "check new" I get "Server Unavailable" :(

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Don't ever accept an OTA when rooted. Instead find the rooted version put out by a dev

I'm a noob and accepted the OTA even though I'm rooted. What do I do now? My phone keeps rebooting and gets a failed signature message in ClockworkMod Recovery v3.1.0.2. Is there an update.zip that is available for root users that I can stick on my SD card? Thanks in advance.

7Son

Reaction score
I'm a noob and accepted the OTA even though I'm rooted. What do I do now? My phone keeps rebooting and gets a failed signature message in ClockworkMod Recovery v3.1.0.2. Is there an update.zip that is available for root users that I can stick on my SD card? Thanks in advance.

Same happened to me. I wiped the cache partition to stop the update from automatically rebooting me every time. Try that, then check out Android Police.

Hope that helps!

phil1166

Reaction score
I don't have the update as of yet either. I have called Verizon and flashed the *#*# code, switched to just cdma, and pulled the battery and sin. I still get the message looking for updates then the message disappears. Clueless.... Just going to keep trying I guess. Wait for the stores to get it and have them push it there. Any other suggestions?

Still didn't get mine either.

momsumner

Reaction score
Service Unavailable?

I keep getting "service unavailable"...any reason? I keep hitting check new (as suggested in previous posts on this forum)...and i tried it with my wi-fi turned off...also suggested in a previous post on this forum. Still "service unavailable. I have 4G and 4 bars????

Mastrik

Reaction score
I got a message earlier today saying the software update was happening automatically, the little timer went to zero and nada, nothing no update, strange. Anyone else?

momsumner

Reaction score
New Update to come July 19

I wasn't able to get the recent update (glad now that I know the problems it was causing), contacted Verizon and they were supposed to PUSH the update to my phone within 24 hours, never happened. Called back yesterday to see what was up, apparently the update flopped, so they withdrew it and there is a NEW new update coming today. Wait and see! It is supposed to fix one of the problems of NOT being able to get the update due to "No Services" message from the settings page.

Herbules

Reaction score
Honestly, how can Verizon put out yet another update that fails? First they send us rebooting issues, then they send us bloatware and minimize reboot at the expense of our connectivity and "guess who I'm sending this text to" game. (got me in trouble...) Now next one fails and they're attempting again tonite? What kind of idiots are making/ testing for them? I have no idea what goes into this stuff but I may apply for a job. The guys who are on this site can make my tbolt the phone beyond my dreams as Verizon promised it to be, but Verizon's making it a nightmare. Release GB, as it is, god knows you're only screwing it up as we speak.

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
The update has pushed to me yesterday and today. I've canceled it both times because I've had zero major issues with my tb and don't want to start now. Anyone have experience with this one? Or is the the same one that was available last week?

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via DroidForums.

spider210

Reaction score
how can I stop this from installing i am still on the orig software no reboots no problems... I dont want this update!

jacrx17

Reaction score
How do I get root on this update?

alboboy10

Reaction score
They cant push this update on a phone that is rooted can they?!

imgoinghome

Reaction score
I'm not rooted and was having no problems with my phone, downloaded the update (a couple days late, followed someone's advice and tried checking for new updates later at night and finally got it) and still have no problems. So for the people not wanting the update because they aren't having problems it won't necessarily mess with your phone if you do accept it.