Droid X worth the next 20 months?

cece5702

Reaction score
If you had the opportunity to upgrade next month, do you think the Droid X is worth holding on to for the next twenty months? Whats your opinion?dancedroid

Reaction score
IMO the only thing worth upgrading to in a month is the Bionic. And even then not for 20 months. The only phone I could consider for that long is a newer phone with stock Android and an unlocked bootloader. But that is yet to be seen, with the exception of the original Droid. And it has been a fun year and some change with it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I'm not ready for the 4G phones yet. I prefer to wait until they have been around for awhile before making a purchase. So.... IMO the Droid X is it for now unless they bring out the Droid X2 by the end of April, the X is what i'm going for. :)
IMO the only thing worth upgrading to in a month is the Bionic. And even then not for 20 months. The only phone I could consider for that long is a newer phone with stock Android and an unlocked bootloader. But that is yet to be seen, with the exception of the original Droid. And it has been a fun year and some change with it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Beka27

Reaction score
I would definitely hold out for the X2 if you don't want 4G. Basically the same thing (why fix what ain't broke?) but with a dual core...

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just being anxious to get a new phone. I guess the X2 speed wise would be faster but without a front facing camera which is really no big deal to me. I wonder when the X2 will be released? I'm ready for something to new to play with.;)
I would definitely hold out for the X2 if you don't want 4G. Basically the same thing (why fix what ain't broke?) but with a dual core...

Reaction score
I was waiting on the Thunderbolt but then I tought, What about battery life. That lTE must take a toll on the battery life!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kevinkar

Reaction score
I don't see a reason to change from the X as it currently pretty much does it all and it does it relatively well. Sure there are some chronic problems but I am pretty sure that's true of every phone out there so you just pick one and live with it.

I'm more practical though and don't see a reason to change while still amortizing the cost of the X. I'm not someone who changes just because there's a better product out there. That's a waste of money. Funds are limited and I have a mortgage! I'm expecting at least two years out of my X so I have at least 20 months to go and I'm OK with that.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Perfect Answer!! I was thinking the same thing. I'm not one to try and keep up with all the new technology because I would be broke and frustrated. I've heard such good reviews regarding the Droid X so I really think that is a better choice for me. I've even read the specs on the Iphone 4 and still the Droid X seems to be it. I do plan to purchae the extended battery for the X. My thing has always been the battery life on these smartphones really keep you from experiencing the real beauty of the phone. It has a lot of features but if you try and use most of them your battery is gone. So my pick will be the Droid X and I'm sure I can live with it. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid
I don't see a reason to change from the X as it currently pretty much does it all and it does it relatively well. Sure there are some chronic problems but I am pretty sure that's true of every phone out there so you just pick one and live with it.

I'm more practical though and don't see a reason to change while still amortizing the cost of the X. I'm not someone who changes just because there's a better product out there. That's a waste of money. Funds are limited and I have a mortgage! I'm expecting at least two years out of my X so I have at least 20 months to go and I'm OK with that.

leonozug

Reaction score
I just got a used X off Ebay to replace my Droid 1. I rooted it, put Rubix on it, and it's awesome. It's blazing fast. I'll keep this until something really good comes out, like that Moto Targa.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I'm scared to root my phone. I wouldnt know how to do it and it scares me that if I mess anything up, Verizon wont fix it. If the X is faster than my Droid 1, I'll be happy :icon_ banana:
I just got a used X off Ebay to replace my Droid 1. I rooted it, put Rubix on it, and it's awesome. It's blazing fast. I'll keep this until something really good comes out, like that Moto Targa.

Hobn

Reaction score
The Droid X standard batteries are currently $6 on Amazon, pretty awesome. You could get 10 BH5X batteries over one extended, which only has like 30% more juice. And rooting is incredibly safe, just get z4root from a reliable place.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Are you saying that the standard battery for the X has more juice than the extended battery?
The Droid X standard batteries are currently $6 on Amazon, pretty awesome. You could get 10 BH5X batteries over one extended, which only has like 30% more juice. And rooting is incredibly safe, just get z4root from a reliable place.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
No, he is saying it is (relatively) cheaper to buy a bunch of stock batteries off amazon than to get extended.

IDK. I have an extended for my D2G, moto bp7x, bought at full retail. Call me a fool for paying the full price but it is reliable and guaranteed to be what they say it is

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
for me, i can't even envision living with a DX for the next 20 months. the DX is virtually outdated right now, what with all the dual cores coming out. as people have mentioned, the dual core DX2 is expected within just a few weeks, and i'm sure the price will start dropping in the summer when the iP5 and D3 release. moreover, quad core phones are rumored to be coming before the end of the year. i would think that if you got a DX now, by the time Christmas rolls around, you're going to be loudly lamenting the fact that you're locked into a grossly outdated phone for another year still...

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
With the extended battery you have, does it give you at least a day usage out of it? Once I turn my Droid on and get to work its at 80%. I did turn off the data background and email sync. That has helped a lot during the day.
No, he is saying it is (relatively) cheaper to buy a bunch of stock batteries off amazon than to get extended.

IDK. I have an extended for my D2G, moto bp7x, bought at full retail. Call me a fool for paying the full price but it is reliable and guaranteed to be what they say it is

Last edited: