Droid X or wait for the next round of phones?

Bundyman

Reaction score
I had the same question as you so I went to YouTube and researched as many demos as there were. I switched from the my BB Storm to the DX and had 2 days of bliss. Now the darn thing freezes every two minur=tes and even a battery pull doesn't help it anymore. I'm real disappointed..great phone when it worked.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
True and given that history waiting will yield only a slightly better phone until the Duo Cores are about to hit and that's not for 6 more months and DX will still be at or near the top of the heap.
I suspect you're correct and I suspect I'll wind up with a DX.

I had the same question as you so I went to YouTube and researched as many demos as there were. I switched from the my BB Storm to the DX and had 2 days of bliss. Now the darn thing freezes every two minur=tes and even a battery pull doesn't help it anymore. I'm real disappointed..great phone when it worked.
I too am coming from an S2. Hopefully you just have a bad phone (as Storm owners, we know how that goes). Or perhaps the coming Motorola patch for the 2.2 upgrade will help.

jaws0813

Reaction score
I would with out a doubt wait. The X had alot of problems with it and motoblur slows the crap out of it. The droid pro which details recently released show it having a 1.3 ghz processor, should be out in november in time for christmas the rush (My Guess). and i bet HTC has something up there sleeve that they are getting ready to release around the same time. just remember your stuck with your decision for 2 years and u dont want to get the X and then in 2 months want to kick yourself in the butt for not wait. but thats just my opinion! :)

KingTee

Reaction score
I would with out a doubt wait. The X had alot of problems with it and motoblur slows the crap out of it. The droid pro which details recently released show it having a 1.3 ghz processor, should be out in november in time for christmas the rush (My Guess). and i bet HTC has something up there sleeve that they are getting ready to release around the same time. just remember your stuck with your decision for 2 years and u dont want to get the X and then in 2 months want to kick yourself in the butt for not wait. but thats just my opinion! :)

If HTC hasn't announced anything by now then its not coming. The only thing that has been seen is the lexicon.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
The droid pro which details recently released show it having a 1.3 ghz processor, should be out in november in time for christmas the rush (My Guess).
Although I would like global capabilities, a device with a completely useless physical keyboard is almost automatically out of the running for me (personal preference).

OP
djsiva

djsiva

Reaction score
damn

Well now I'm definitely up in the air because of the LTE by year end announcement. My friend that owns a VZW authorized dealer has an X at the store waiting on me, for free. (not really free, I did some computer work for him) All I have to do is go pick it up, but now I'm thinking about telling him to hold on to it until the LTE devices are released.

hmmm...what to do ?

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Verizon-4G-LTE-CES-2011-4G-Devices,news-8234.html

Last edited:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Next round of motorola droid phones will be inferior to x. If you want a superior phone you will have to wait till spring of next year.

Sent from my DROIDX

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well now I'm definitely up in the air because of the LTE by year end announcement. My friend that owns a VZW authorized dealer has an X at the store waiting on me, for free. (not really free, I did some computer work for him) All I have to do is go pick it up, but now I'm thinking about telling him to hold on to it until the LTE devices are released.

hmmm...what to do ?

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Verizon-4G-LTE-CES-2011-4G-Devices,news-8234.html

No money coming out of your pocket and you are undecided?
The X is the top of the mountain, the new releases in the next few months will not be better.
If something comes up in under a year do some more computer work to get a deep discount off of full retail but I doubt you will regret getting an X.
I passed on it due to its size and am not sorry I did because I love my Inc and don't see anything in the works to make me regret getting it last month

wified from my Incredible monolith using some form of slider keypad on Tapatalk

OP
djsiva

djsiva

Reaction score

hmmm...what to do ?

Verizon Launching Six 4G Phones at CES

The X is the top of the mountain, the new releases in the next few months will not be better.
If something comes up in under a year do some more computer work to get a deep discount off of full retail but I doubt you will regret getting an X.
I passed on it due to its size and am not sorry I did because I love my Inc and don't see anything in the works to make me regret getting it last month

I can get the X or the Inc right now. How do you like yours?

Riddlin

Reaction score
I have the DX and I just upgraded from the DINC. It is really a difficult one, but I still like my DINC. It was the perfect size and it just worked so great. The battery was not that great, but with a rooted phone and a new kernal it was bad azz.

The x is nice, but go check it out to make sure you like the size of it. Its like carrying one of the old Motorola Brick phones around in your pocket. I love the phone, but man its huge.

wabmorgan

Reaction score

hmmm...what to do ?

hmmm...what to do ?

I had this debate running myself.... but here's the deal. First LTE will only be for laptops/data cards. Phones will come later.... probably like a year from now.

I decided to go ahead and get the X. So far it's been a pretty awesome phone. As for LTE... it would be nice... but I'm around WIFI quite a bit anyway... doubt I will even miss it.

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
If you want a 4.3 inch touch screen smartphone...get the X.

If you want something BETTER...wait.

You can always play the waiting game...but then again you'd always be waiting because something better is always around the corner in tech land.

barski

Reaction score
i would get the Droid X, i currently have it and i love it.

I guess the way i look at it is
-In 2 years lte is hopefully complete. and the area i live in will be the last to get lte. so i should be able to get an lte phone.

OP
djsiva

djsiva

Reaction score
i would get the Droid X, i currently have it and i love it.

I guess the way i look at it is
-In 2 years lte is hopefully complete. and the area i live in will be the last to get lte. so i should be able to get an lte phone.

It wouldn't be much of a dilemma if I wasn't in one of the 38 cities that's getting LTE to begin with. :) I think I'm going end up getting the X and just sucking it up and forking out the cash if something better comes along in the next 6 months or so.

Nate