Droid X worth the next 20 months?

scottfree

Reaction score
Maybe Motorola will give us some good reasons to stick around

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bigjj44

Reaction score
i am a x user and i am in agree. so far not too much out there that is better. rooting is way easy. check out youtube...lots of info out there. mine is rooted, overclocked and has liberty 1.5...way awesome. i found an extended battery on amazon for $20 and i get a full day out of it. charge it at night and we are good to.

woodsie

Reaction score
I just bought a Droid X a few weeks ago on the secondary market as a stop gap untill all the new models are available this summer. Things have gone so well with my DX that now im not even sure I care about upgrading.

FWIW I got the extended battery and it works great. The extended battery cover that comes with it is nearly indescernable from the original. You wont even notice it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Where did you get your extended battery? How much of a difference does it make at the end of the day?
I just bought a Droid X a few weeks ago on the secondary market as a stop gap untill all the new models are available this summer. Things have gone so well with my DX that now im not even sure I care about upgrading.

FWIW I got the extended battery and it works great. The extended battery cover that comes with it is nearly indescernable from the original. You wont even notice it.

Sent from my Droid

woodsie

Reaction score
Where did you get your extended battery? How much of a difference does it make at the end of the day?

I got it off Amazon. The difference appears to be right inline with what you'd expect. My phone has been off the charger for almost 9 hours and im at 70% with normal use. A few calls, several texts, and some web surfing.

I've only had it a few days but a ran it down to see how long it would go and it took about 30 hours with normal use.

It was worth it in my opinion. I don't see myself ever needing a charge before the end of the day even with heavy use.

Sent from my Droid

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Ok thanks :)

I got it off Amazon. The difference appears to be right inline with what you'd expect. My phone has been off the charger for almost 9 hours and im at 70% with normal use. A few calls, several texts, and some web surfing.

I've only had it a few days but a ran it down to see how long it would go and it took about 30 hours with normal use.

It was worth it in my opinion. I don't see myself ever needing a charge before the end of the day even with heavy use.

Sent from my Droid

Sent from my Droid

Darthberg

Reaction score
Original Question -

If you had the opportunity to upgrade next month, do you think the Droid X is worth holding on to for the next twenty months? Whats your opinion?dancedroid

When I bought the X I knew full well that better phones would be out within the next 2 years, but I also love the X and it does absolutly everthing you need, plus more. When I re-up for a new phone I ask myself, "Can I see myself using this phone for 2 years and be happy"?, and with the X the answer was definitly yes, with the knowledge that in 2 years I will upgrade to something way beyond what I have now, and what I have now is awesome. In my mind I couldnt lose with the X.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll add in my experience. I was one of the people trying hard not to upgrade from the X. But I cracked and went ahead and upgraded. I figured that I'd rather get stuck with the thunderbolt and have unlimited 4g for two years than have a better spec'ed phone and pay for tiered pricing. I'm really glad I upgraded as I really think that the thunderbolt can last me two years if I can't upgrade later and keep unlimited 4g. I disliked sense before the bolt but after having it I have to say I'm a convert. I think experience wise sense is a lot more fulfilling than blur. A lot of the apps I loved on my X I don't use anymore because sense was able to fill it and in some cases out perform them. After playing around with sense I only then came to realize how crappy blur was.

Don't get me wrong I still prefer motorola hardware but instead of specs I opted for experience. I really hope moto fixes themselves with the targa cause I'm increasingly becoming an HTC fan.

I wish moto and htc would team up, a combo of moto/htc industrial design, moto hardware, and htc designed UI.

Anyway to summarize, I switched for the unlimited 4g deal and got a pretty sweet phone out of it. Imo as it stands now, id rather be stuck with the thunderbolt than the X for two years. Not to mention that this is a dev friendly phone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk