Cost of Droid X for 1 Year Contract

cece5702

Reaction score
I am due for one last early upgrade next month and I'm wondering if I will be able to purchase the phone with a 1 year contract instead of keeping the phone for 20 months? Hmmmmm.....

Does anyone know the price of the Droid with a 1 year contract instead of 2?

pool_shark

Reaction score
Yes you can.
For the price go to verizonwireless.com and find out.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
No actually I cant! I just spoke to a Verizon Rep and for an early upgrade I have to go with the two year contract or wait until December which is my regular time to upgrade. In December I can do a 1 year contract on the Droid X. I can also purchase the TB for $249 next month for two years, however 4G is not in my area. She did mention they would be changing the plans for 4G to price tiering. So I would have to pay a price for a 4G phone when its operating on 3G network!!!! I'm about ready to go and get a basic phone for just talking!!!!
I am due for one last early upgrade next month and I'm wondering if I will be able to purchase the phone with a 1 year contract instead of keeping the phone for 20 months? Hmmmmm.....

Does anyone know the price of the Droid with a 1 year contract instead of 2?

pool_shark

Reaction score
So they only allow the 2yr contract on an early upgrade, nice.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
How does that work? Buy a used phone from Ebay, take it to Verizon for them to activate it and than I hold on to it until December? Than in December buy a new phone using my upgrade discount at that time? Is that how its done?
How about getting a used phone on ebay? Then there's no lock-in

Liberated Droid X

Kack

Reaction score
How does that work? Buy a used phone from Ebay, take it to Verizon for them to activate it and than I hold on to it until December? Than in December buy a new phone using my upgrade discount at that time? Is that how its done?

Liberated Droid X

you can just change it over on the vzw site and then in december you will be able to get a new phone on contract if you want.

DroidToro

Reaction score
you can just change it over on the vzw site and then in december you will be able to get a new phone on contract if you want.

Yep, that's pretty much how I did it. You don't have to take it to a store (and waste an hour or more) or call in (and waste a half hour or more). Just log into the VZW portal and supply ESN/MEID numbers. My phone started working a few minutes later.

Just be careful who you buy the phone from. I found a guy with good feedback selling a Droid X he bought in December because he wanted a VZW iPhone. He sold me his X with accessories for $270 and it was in flawless condition. If I decide to move to another phone I would sell as well. I might not get what I paid but it might be close enough that I shrug when considering it. I prefer to just pay for my phone and go contractless, however, the early termination fee is not that much higher than what I paid so this strategy is not right for everyone.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Wouldn't Verizon have to activate the phone and change over my contacts, insurance etc? Would they do that or do they require you to buy the phone from them? Also I run the risk of buying a bad phone on eBay? How reliable are they?

Liberated Droid X

Sent from my Droid