Droid X or wait for the next round of phones?

pointzero1

Reaction score
If you can mentally wait it out, i'd say wait. Wait till end of October, i think new phones are coming out this month. Compare contrast then and then make decision.

bhall238

Reaction score
My wife has the X and loves it. I have the Droid I and am still very happy with it. With my eligibility date being at the end of November, I will try to wait till the end of the year to see what Santa might bring me dancedroid.

If I were eligible now, I would go with the X and not look back.

2011 WRX

Reaction score
I was a blackberry user for years. I love my DX. If you always contemplate getting the "next" phone, you'll never get one. ;)

roos85

Reaction score
The droid x is an awesome phone. Its been one of the best I have ever used.

eddiemro

Reaction score
I was in your same situation or close to it. I had been debating on do I upgrade from my droid 1 to the X or do I wait for the 4g plus new upcoming phones. I went ahead and upgraded today. So far I am glad I did. I love the bigger display and it seems its just a better phone all around. The one thing I am not happy about is the antiglare screen protector. It makes the display look grainy and Verizon no longer offers the smooth protector. I will be buying something else soon. I say go for it....

korp

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a Droid X this week and just wanted to get some opinions on what I should do?

Should I buy the DX? Or, waiit until the next round of phones is released? If you have a DX, are you extremely satisfied with it?

Thanks,
Nate

Get the x.

i bought one as my first smart phone after playing with some of my friends phones, definitely like it and i'm pretty happy with my decision...when the next round comes out you might be thinking the same thing you are now, to wait again, so i'd say go to verizon and play with one, if you like it, get it!

Get it ... like CivicSiGuy said, there are always new phones coming out but the X is an amazing phone and by the time your 2 year contract is up, there will be even better phones and then you can get another great device.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
All I can add is....is 4G coming to your city? If so, will it be something you want? If not, go with the X.

kdkinc

Reaction score
Get the DX now BUT only on a one year contract...The extra 79 bucks will be well worth the pain of waiting for one more L_O_N_G year.
In one year then decide on a LTE phone first generation phones have issues I don't care who makes it.
:icon_eek::icon_eek:

GeneralZod

Reaction score
I got the DX today and I'm friggin loving it. What a truly awesome device.

As for upgrading, VZW allows you to upgrade every year. Granted, it's costs a bit more than if you wait for the "New Every Two", but it's an option if you want it.

OP
djsiva

djsiva

Reaction score
Get the DX now BUT only on a one year contract...The extra 79 bucks will be well worth the pain of waiting for one more L_O_N_G year.
In one year then decide on a LTE phone first generation phones have issues I don't care who makes it.
:icon_eek::icon_eek:

I got the DX today and I'm friggin loving it. What a truly awesome device.

As for upgrading, VZW allows you to upgrade every year. Granted, it's costs a bit more than if you wait for the "New Every Two", but it's an option if you want it.

Contract wasn't an issue as the phone is mine free and clear because of some work I did for a friend of mine.

All I can add is....is 4G coming to your city? If so, will it be something you want? If not, go with the X.

4G is coming to my city and yes, it's something I want. However, from everything I've read I don't think there will be a 4G device that rivals the specs of the X at first.

I went and picked up the X yesterday, and I'm in love. :)

Nate

nododgy

Reaction score
So it sounds like you'd be getting the phone without having to use an upgrade right? If that's the case, then you should totally do it. Go ahead and browse through craigslist/ebay. X's have a solid resale value. If you aren't having to upgrade your contract, then get the X now, and sell it whenever something you more comes out.

Kind of what I'm doing. I desperately need a new phone, as my Omnia is pretty much dead. Touch screen doesn't function, locks up, calls aren't coming through, etc. I've found an X at a damn good price to pick up, so that way I can save my upgrade for whatever's coming in the next 6 months to a year. I'll just sell the X, or trade it in with Verizon, and then it's game on.

OP
djsiva

djsiva

Reaction score
So it sounds like you'd be getting the phone without having to use an upgrade right? If that's the case, then you should totally do it. Go ahead and browse through craigslist/ebay. X's have a solid resale value. If you aren't having to upgrade your contract, then get the X now, and sell it whenever something you more comes out.

Kind of what I'm doing. I desperately need a new phone, as my Omnia is pretty much dead. Touch screen doesn't function, locks up, calls aren't coming through, etc. I've found an X at a damn good price to pick up, so that way I can save my upgrade for whatever's coming in the next 6 months to a year. I'll just sell the X, or trade it in with Verizon, and then it's game on.

Good idea. I guess I never really thought about that. I'll keep it until something better comes out, then sell my Droid 1 and DX on ebay to cover the cost of the new one. :)

Nate