mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
DROID RAZR Utility 1.6
vL0oM.png

Key Features
  • Root Gingerbread AND Ice Cream Sandwich (6.14.84 and 6.14.85 tested and confirmed.)
  • Unroot
  • Restore to stock 6.12.181 Gingerbread with full fastboot files. Also includes the xml for RSD Lite use. (Will NOT downgrade you from ICS 6.12.84 or ICS 6.12.85)
  • Install overclock files to Gingerbread AND Ice Cream Sandwich (6.14.84 and 6.14.85 tested and confirmed.)
  • ADB Shell
  • Easy install of Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper, Bootstrap (GB and ICS), and Safestrap.
  • Reboot phone (if USB Debugging is enabled)
  • Includes the Motorola USB drivers compatible with both Gingerbread AND Ice Cream Sandwich.
Downloads
FAQs
  • It says "file cannot be found" or something like that...help!

Don't just extract the batch file. Extract the entire zip archive. Do NOT run as administrator. Install the included drivers, etc.
  • Can I go directly to 6.12.181 with this from _.__.___ ???

Yes. UNLESS you are on ICS 6.14.84 and/or 6.14.85 you can go directly to this.
Special Thanks

• dhacker29 for being very helpful and telling me commands I was blanking on...generally being awesome!
  • DroidTh3ory for being very helpful at many times...generally being awesome.
  • P3Droid for helping me out from time to time.
  • Hashcode for always knowing everything...and in the rare cases he doesn't know, he knows who does!

Feel free to donate if you wanna help out (Premium file upload accounts, test devices, etc.)

Last edited:

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I know (think) you covered this in the FAQs but I want to be sure...

I am on the old ICS leak (.75) and when the official OTA ICS comes out I can just use the utility to go directly to .181 (I was originally on .173) and I should get the OTA as if I was never rooted?

Thanks Matt you get my vote for Razr developer of the year!

jmdearras

Reaction score
Can you fix the torrent link? Having trouble downloading direct.

Thanks,
Jim

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
jmdearras said:
Can you fix the torrent link? Having trouble downloading direct.

Thanks,
Jim
Fixed! Sorry about that.

SnoDrtRider said:
I know (think) you covered this in the FAQs but I want to be sure...

I am on the old ICS leak (.75) and when the official OTA ICS comes out I can just use the utility to go directly to .181 (I was originally on .173) and I should get the OTA as if I was never rooted?

Thanks Matt you get my vote for Razr developer of the year!

You should definitely get the OTA from the 6.12.181 FB file restore. Sorry if I was unclear :)

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Fixed! Sorry about that.

[/FONT][/COLOR]
You should definitely get the OTA from the 6.12.181 FB file restore. Sorry if I was unclear :)

You were clear I was just being anal...

I'm not worried about loosing root once the OTA hits... I know it will just be a matter of time until you update your utility to be able to root the official final ICS release:biggrin:

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You were clear I was just being anal...

I'm not worried about loosing root once the OTA hits... I know it will just be a matter of time until you update your utility to be able to root the official final ICS release:biggrin:
Just use OTA rootkeeper :)

If final ICS is like the latest leaks there is no going back...you'll like to be rooted I'm sure.

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Last edited:

WireHead

Reaction score
Corrupt archive

Min.us version has corrupt preinstall file (bad CRC when extracting). Tried several times. Now trying FileFactory (god it's slow)

EDIT: 5 hours later, still have an hour and a half to go from FileFactory. Downloaded the Torrent, it's corrupt too. (sigh).

Last edited:

tarsen

Reaction score
I have found a version of Matt's utility that runs on Mac. Called RazrUtilityLinux173Full.zip. Tried to root (menu option 2) and it went through all and seem to run to completion. But I still do not have root on my Razr with OTA 181. I may try to rerun it as someone said it worked the second time.

Any suggestions?

tarsen

bogginblazer

Reaction score
tarsen said:
I have found a version of Matt's utility that runs on Mac. Called RazrUtilityLinux173Full.zip. Tried to root (menu option 2) and it went through all and seem to run to completion. But I still do not have root on my Razr with OTA 181. I may try to rerun it as someone said it worked the second time.

Any suggestions?

tarsen

Is it reading ur phone do u have the right drivers installed? Dose it actually run or speed through. Have u unziped it? Have u tried runing it more then once. Do u have usb debuggin clicked?

drexhex

Reaction score
Min.us version has corrupt preinstall file (bad CRC when extracting). Tried several times. Now trying FileFactory (god it's slow)

EDIT: 5 hours later, still have an hour and a half to go from FileFactory. Downloaded the Torrent, it's corrupt too. (sigh).

Did this work?

corrsfan99

Reaction score
Zip file seems to fail on the preinstall.img file due to a CRC error. Both torrent and from mine.us

Thanks