DROID RAZR Utility 1.7 Failsafe Edition

Bhinderoid

Reaction score
Updated drivers and it still says waiting for device. Booted into AP Fastboot mode and tried again, same result. :(

haduis

Reaction score
Updated drivers and it still says waiting for device. Booted into AP Fastboot mode and tried again, same result. :(

USB Debugging on?

In Camera Mode?

Uninstall other drivers from HTC/Samsung/etc.

Bhinderoid

Reaction score
Yessir... debugging ON, in camera mode. Open the RunMe batch file, hit enter and then select option 3 to root. Hit enter again once it prompts me to make sure everything is set up properly and then it just sits and says Waiting for Device.

How would I go about uninstalling the other drivers? I've only had the OG Droid, Bionic, and Razr.

Also... not sure if it matters but I tried clicking option 5 to install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App but it just sits and says "Make sure Debugging is enabled on your phone".

When I go into system settings and developer options the USB debugging option is checked.

Not too sure what's going on... I had an issue with my old rooted Razr so I was sent a new one. I updated twice, once to 6.12.181 and then again to 6.16.211.XT912 version 4.0.4.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

p0nyexpr3ss

Reaction score
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, I'm still sort of new to this..

Do I need to use the 1.7 version of the utility if I'm running ICS OTA 6.16.211, or can I use option 3 in the 1.6 version? I used 1.6 to return to .181 yesterday because I couldn't get the update to install otherwise. I'm running .211 now, and would really like to root.. I just need to make sure if it's a must to use the 1.7 version of the utility to do so.

Thanks!

jl1967

Reaction score
Bhinderoid said:
Yessir... debugging ON, in camera mode. Open the RunMe batch file, hit enter and then select option 3 to root. Hit enter again once it prompts me to make sure everything is set up properly and then it just sits and says Waiting for Device.

How would I go about uninstalling the other drivers? I've only had the OG Droid, Bionic, and Razr.

Also... not sure if it matters but I tried clicking option 5 to install Voodoo's OTA Rootkeeper App but it just sits and says "Make sure Debugging is enabled on your phone".

When I go into system settings and developer options the USB debugging option is checked.

Not too sure what's going on... I had an issue with my old rooted Razr so I was sent a new one. I updated twice, once to 6.12.181 and then again to 6.16.211.XT912 version 4.0.4.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

I am not a programmer but I used Matt's guide to root it after ota. I did factory reset to clean out the system and went thru without glitch. If you go back to first page of this thread, I posted how I did it. One thing I need to mention, after the driver updated I didn't have to switch to other mode than Mass Storage. Follow every single step such as unzipping. Good Luck.

jl1967

Reaction score
p0nyexpr3ss said:
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, I'm still sort of new to this..

Do I need to use the 1.7 version of the utility if I'm running ICS OTA 6.16.211, or can I use option 3 in the 1.6 version? I used 1.6 to return to .181 yesterday because I couldn't get the update to install otherwise. I'm running .211 now, and would really like to root.. I just need to make sure if it's a must to use the 1.7 version of the utility to do so.

Thanks!

I used utility 1.7 to root mine after OTA to. 211. I did factory reset, I don't think you have to but razr run better afterwards.

tygerchylde

Reaction score
Bhinderoid said:

Did you update from the .zip or from motorola? I updated from the .zip and then went to the moto site and updated from there as well. I had the waiting for device issue until I installed the new drivers off the moto website and rebooted my comp. It then went through without a hitch.

In response to the guy who asked about the date of root, I rooted on the 7th.

Bhinderoid

Reaction score
I used utility 1.7 to root mine after OTA to. 211. I did factory reset, I don't think you have to but razr run better afterwards.

When you did a factory reset, did it take you all the way back to the original build with which your phone originally came?

If so... did you upgrade twice to get to ICS and THEN root?

jl1967

Reaction score
Bhinderoid said:
When you did a factory reset, did it take you all the way back to the original build with which your phone originally came?

If so... did you upgrade twice to get to ICS and THEN root?

No. It did within the ICS.

xtremedk

Reaction score
Thx for all your hard work creating this tool

Will this work on Motorola Razr Maxx XT910 EU EMEA ( phone from Denmark ) not a Verizon or any other carrier
running Android 2.3.6
system version 651.167.21.XT910.NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU
version number 6.5.1-167_SPU-15-M2-1-CEE

and is i possible to backup the rom before ?

xtremedk

Reaction score
Nevermind as far i can google this is only for US Verizon version, but if you have any info about what to do to get EU retail version EMEA
im all ears :D

Thx for all your hard work creating this tool

Will this work on Motorola Razr Maxx XT910 EU EMEA ( phone from Denmark ) not a Verizon or any other carrier
running Android 2.3.6
system version 651.167.21.XT910.NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU
version number 6.5.1-167_SPU-15-M2-1-CEE

and is i possible to backup the rom before ?

jsslxndr

Reaction score
Nevermind as far i can google this is only for US Verizon version, but if you have any info about what to do to get EU retail version EMEA
im all ears :D

Unfortunately, I was not as smart as you and thought I would be safe, despite the fact that I have a UK RAZR.

I ran option 1 from my stock rooted 2.3.6 GB and ran across some errors during the process. Now I cannot use recovery or boot normally... I can get into fastboot, though. Is there anyway I can fix this or did I just kill it for good by mixing a US only hack with a UK phone?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

xtremedk

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I was not as smart as you and thought I would be safe, despite the fact that I have a UK RAZR.

I ran option 1 from my stock rooted 2.3.6 GB and ran across some errors during the process. Now I cannot use recovery or boot normally... I can get into fastboot, though. Is there anyway I can fix this or did I just kill it for good by mixing a US only hack with a UK phone?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I think this will work for you, but try asking in the forum. (im a noob, so you better try asking in the forum before you try anything)
[ROM, GSM XT910][EuropeAustraliaEMEA] Final EU ICS Fastboot Official fastboot package for Motorola RAZR - EternityProject Development Forums - Page 2

[video=youtube;Q_1-HxdzEo0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_1-HxdzEo0[/video]

"i think i will wait to it officially gets rolled out on my phone and then just root it again."

danielnamkung

Reaction score
I followed all the necessary steps, and when I clicked "3">Enter + Enter .. All I get is "The system cannot find the path specified" .. what am I doing wrong?