[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]

Jimyv

Reaction score
sure u

Worked! Thanks. Now I just need to figure out why safestrap doesn't work.....usually when I boot up before it starts the OS it asks me to hit either the search button or the menu button. Doesn't do that anymore.

Sure u installed safe? I only use bootstrap myself. Maybe its a newer version than you had.

rosso

Reaction score
I finally was able download and unpack an error free copy of the utility. Used the " goo" link on work PC. Took about 5 hours...unpacked with 7zip...no errors...sent file home...unpacked with 7zip again unpacked with no errors...I will assume no errors means everything works...its a great utility.

B

Bakerboy448

I concur goo.im is the only link that actually works and does not result in a CRC error. It also downloaded in approx 10minutes @ ~1Mb/s with a ~14Mb d/l
HSI

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I finally was able download and unpack an error free copy of the utility. Used the " goo" link on work PC. Took about 5 hours...unpacked with 7zip...no errors...sent file home...unpacked with 7zip again unpacked with no errors...I will assume no errors means everything works...its a great utility.

Had the same issue on the other links... kept coming up with errors for the pre-install image when unzipping so after reading you post I decided to try the "Goo" link... took about 10 minutes and unzipped with no errors.

davoIII

Reaction score
Haven't up d8ed in a while running 6.11.748.XT912 & haven't fast booted yet (to get back bloatware I deleted) or ever, but if i'm understanding correctly I won't need to fast boot 1st to do this. Will voodoo keep my root if I do this? Will webtop & free hot spot still work?

Mikeymaxima14

Reaction score
I downloaded 1.60 - but when doubleclicking on the file - it runs through the first screen - press any key to continue - then closes? anybody experience this?

Claps1775

Reaction score
It has happened to me. Did you have your phone in ap fastboot? Try it a couple times and it might work. Open file and click run or have your extracted the files? Worth a shot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Claps1775

Reaction score
I been getting failed download when I try to download this file on my phone. Only internet I have. Anyone download it fine?
Thank you

Claps1775

Reaction score
Got it to download now. I cannot get phone to work work option 3. I have usb debugging on and in media option. Phone will not reboot and nothing happens when I reboot it. This happen to anyone?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I been getting failed download when I try to download this file on my phone. Only internet I have. Anyone download it fine?
Thank you

You have to download the utility to your computer, not the phone. Or, are trying to download to your phone and transferring to your computer? The utility will not run on the phone. After downloading to your computer extract the zip file to its own folder and select the .bat file to start the program.

SLiMM615

Reaction score
Overclock install not working? I ran it and it just starts Daemon and stops... let it sit for 5 min with nothing...

I installed Eclipse ROM, could this be the problem? Are these files only meant for the stock ROM?

ChubbzDuhClown

Reaction score
I'm completely new to rooting, and i was just wanting to double check before i use this utility on my phone because i dont want to brick it.
But my phone is a Droid Razr version 2.3.6, system version 6.12.181.xt912.verizon.en.us..... will this work??

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I'm completely new to rooting, and i was just wanting to double check before i use this utility on my phone because i dont want to brick it.
But my phone is a Droid Razr version 2.3.6, system version 6.12.181.xt912.verizon.en.us..... will this work??
Yes it will work exceptionally well. This utility is probably (most likely) the best utility for users who are not "root/MOD" experts...in my opinion it is a must for any user who has limited experience rooting or flashing ROMs. When you download the utility to your computer, extract the zip to its own folder on your c:// drive. Do not try to run the .bat file from within the zip folder...it usually won't run correctly. Once you have the utility running just follow the on screen instructions. There are options in the utility for Gingerbread .181 (you) users and users who have installed a leaked version of ICS. So, just make sure you are selecting an option designated for your phone (.181). If you use the utility to root you can also use the utility to unroot. Also, if you are feeling brave and want to try one of the leaked ICS builds stay away 6.14.84, .85 and .206. The leaks that are safe to install on your razr are .75 and .79. If you install .75 or .79 then you can use the utility to return to stock .181 which you are on now. Have fun...read all instructions and OP notes before you do anything.

Last edited:

ChubbzDuhClown

Reaction score
Yes it will work exceptionally well. This utility is probably (most likely) the best utility for users who are not "root/MOD" experts...in my opinion it is a must for any user who has limited experience rooting or flashing ROMs. When you download the utility to your computer, extract the zip to its own folder on your c:// drive. Do not try to run the .bat file from within the zip folder...it usually won't run correctly. Once you have the utility running just follow the on screen instructions. There are options in the utility for Gingerbread .181 (you) users and users who have installed a leaked version of ICS. So, just make sure you are selecting an option designated for your phone (.181). If you use the utility to root you can also use the utility to unroot.

and when i do this i should have my phone usb debug and have it on charge only usb??
and should i choose the gingerbread root <not for ICS>?

Last edited: