[HACKS] UPDATED Droid RAZR Utility [WINDOWS]

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

vL0oM.png

Droid RAZR Utility 1.51 for WINDOWS

This is a FULL recovery to 6.12.173 included. Its compatible with restoring from the ICS leak.

Code:
I recommend not running thisfrom the root of the C drive. Users have had issues apparently

Motorola Drivers (If its not working install this.)
32 Bit Link: http://www.motorola....river_5.4.0.exe
64 Bit Link: http://goo-inside.me...5.4.0_64bit.msi

Droid RAZR Utility 1.51
Download link(s)

Please see the 1.8 Utility thread.

What do these actually do?

• Restore Droid RAZR to 6.12.173 (Fastboot Restore. RSD Lite alternative. Must be in AP Fastboot Mode to do this)​
  • Gingerbread Root (Roots 2.3.6 and below for Motorola Droids. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this. )​
  • Unroot (Must be rooted to do this. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)​
  • Install Voodoo&amp;#39;s OTA Rootkeeper App</strong> (Use this app to stay rooted after an OTA. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)​
  • Install Bootstrap Recovery App (Use this to make nandroid backups and flash Roms, themes, or mods. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this. Do not install this AND Safestrap. Pick one.​
  • Install Safestrap Recovery App (Use this to make nandroid backups and flash Roms, themes, or mods. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this. Can essentially dual boot. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW USERS. Do not install this AND Bootstrap. Pick one.​
  • Overclock Install (http://www.droidrzr....our-droid-razr/ See coryjohn's guide on Overclocking. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)​
  • System Pull (This is NOT a recovery program or backup program. This is for devs and power users. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)​
  • Droid RAZR Root for ICS 4.0.3 (The GSM ICS leak can be rooted with this. Our ICS may also be.)​
  • Boot into Fastboot from Debugging (Exactly what it says. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)​
  • Boot Normally from Fastboot (If you are in Fastboot mode you can use this to boot normally)​
  • Boot into Motorola Recovery from Fastboot (Read above. Exactly what it says it what it does.)​
  • Boot into Motorola Recovery from Debugging (Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)​
  • ADB Shell (A way to more manually control your phone. For power users and devs. Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)​
  • Reboot Phone (Have USB Debugging enabled to do this.)​
---Special Thanks---
dhacker29 for being very helpful and telling me commands I was blanking on...generally being awesome!
DroidTh3ory for being very helpful at many times...generally being awesome!

5AGRQ.png
Feel free to donate if you wanna help out (Premium file upload accounts, test devices, etc.)
(
or https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=X3TGF8V475U2L )​

Last edited:

Redbeaver

Reaction score
need GSM version :p (specifically the Brazil.en ROM sitting in my Canadian Rogers RAZR)

but thanks for the hard work though!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Thanks for posting the updated version here!

~maxx it out cause it's to powerful to fall into the wrong hands~

Spiderwebb71688

Reaction score
Man you're just all kinds of awesome! Maybe those who are teaching their young children how to void warranties on expensive devices won't be so offended by the humor this time. ;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Man you're just all kinds of awesome! Maybe those who are teaching their young children how to void warranties on expensive devices won't be so offended by the humor this time. ;)

If they choose to void their own warranty on something they've paid for, the've done nothing wrong - morally, ethically, or legally. Now if they then dump that busted device back onto the manufacturer and claim it's defective...then they've stepped over the bounds. As for humor...I think you know where at least I stand.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Matt,

I'm pleased to see your "clean" UI! ;)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Going to stick...seeing that this utility will bail many users out, somewhere down the road :haha:

EvergreenAnthem

Reaction score
This will undoubtedly seem to be a stupid question, but I happen to be new at the whole concept of rooting, etc. I'm looking to use this utility based on getting the ics update early, but was wondering what else I would need to do (using utility) to back up my phone so that I can not brick. I'm sure you're all sick of questions such as these, so sorry.

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This will undoubtedly seem to be a stupid question, but I happen to be new at the whole concept of rooting, etc. I'm looking to use this utility based on getting the ics update early, but was wondering what else I would need to do (using utility) to back up my phone so that I can not brick. I'm sure you're all sick of questions such as these, so sorry.
You don't use my utility to back it up. You use Bootstrap or Safestrap to make backups.

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Updated the OP with version 1.31. Enjoy~!

ablank

Reaction score
So what exactly does this do?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So what exactly does this do?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
I don't want to seem rude when I say this, but I spent quite a while writing the 17 numbered list of what each function is and exactly what it does. Please read the OP.
What do these actually do?