[TOOLS] DROID RAZR Utility 1.6 [Now Contains 6.12.181 Fastboot files]

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My torrent is at 50% now, fingers crossed. Been going for about 10 minutes or so now.

Jimyv

Reaction score
Are any download links good? Lost over 2gbs trying on my phone...really wanna overclock my leak...

B

Bakerboy448

file factory finally downloaded. CRC failed on preinstall.img

i really need this to work as i need to restore my phone so i can go to vzw. i suppose i could restore using 1.51 and then get the OTA...

jcmeyer26

Reaction score
if i am rooted with bootstrap on .181, can i use this utility to get the ICS .75 leak?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
The torrent link worked fine for me, downloaded in about 20 minutes and works great.

B

Bakerboy448

The torrent link worked fine for me, downloaded in about 20 minutes and works great.
Torrent gives me a bad CRC on preinstall.img when extracting with 7zip

edit:
and also clicking on the [extracted] batch file results in a command prompt window coming up and nothing happens then...

edit 2:
ok the utility finally came up after a good 5min.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I guess I got the same error when extracting with WinRar but the utility still runs okay. I have not tried to do anything with it since I am already rooted though.

OP
mattlgroff

mattlgroff

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Y isnt this over on droidrzr.com also?
There formatting for posting is completely out of whack for some reason. Makes this exact post look like complete code/mush.

B

Bakerboy448

Matt,

Can you confirm that the extracted preinstall.img has a:
MD5: 2626ad3269c486d79b8e84d16f0b7065
and
CRC32: 3b44879d

Jimyv

Reaction score
Well i just used this to root 173 to prep for a fresh .75 ..worked fine to root does this mean im all setup correctly? And can anyone verify it will overclock. 75? Was trying before...couldnt locate path? Ill try again fresh but any input?

jeremyp969

Reaction score
Can't restore root after OTA update to 181

Ok so I've had the previous version(174 I think?) for a while now and been rooted for a long time. I installed Voodoo rootkeeper and I can't remember the exact options I checked but in rootkeeper all check boxes were checked(Superuser app installed, device rooted, root permission granted, filesystem supports root protection, protected su copy available). I then did the OTA update to 181 and lost my root. I went into rootkeeper and now 3 boxes are checked(supseruser app installed, filesystem supports root protection and protected su copy avaiable), two boxes are unchecked(device rooted and root permissions granted). I then clicked the "Restore Root" button and it says "root su restored" and Voodoo has been granted root permissions. However those two checkboxes are still not checked and I don't have root permissions(i.e. I can't start SQL Lite Editor in root mode). Please help!

Jimyv

Reaction score
[How-To] [Guide] Restore Root After Installing Ics Leak - DroidRzr.com
Ok so I've had the previous version(174 I think?) for a while now and been rooted for a long time. I installed Voodoo rootkeeper and I can't remember the exact options I checked but in rootkeeper all check boxes were checked(Superuser app installed, device rooted, root permission granted, filesystem supports root protection, protected su copy available). I then did the OTA update to 181 and lost my root. I went into rootkeeper and now 3 boxes are checked(supseruser app installed, filesystem supports root protection and protected su copy avaiable), two boxes are unchecked(device rooted and root permissions granted). I then clicked the "Restore Root" button and it says "root su restored" and Voodoo has been granted root permissions. However those two checkboxes are still not checked and I don't have root permissions(i.e. I can't start SQL Lite Editor in root mode). Please help!

Should work also

jeremyp969

Reaction score
Worked! Thanks. Now I just need to figure out why safestrap doesn't work.....usually when I boot up before it starts the OS it asks me to hit either the search button or the menu button. Doesn't do that anymore.