Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX OTA 6.12.181 Update Now Live

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorazr.jpg

Motorola has released an OTA update for their Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX devices. The update will bring devices to 6.12.181 and is currently being pushed out over the air by Verizon. While the update isn't Ice Cream Sandwich, it does bring quite a few notable fixes including:

- Optimized device performance to extend battery life
- Improved text messaging to ensure timely receiving of texts
- Modified the storage settings screen to clarify total, available, and used storage space
- Implemented IPV6 support over cellular connection and WiFi to facilitate updated interaction with the network
- Corrected 4G coverage indicator to accurately display data connectivity
- Improved Wi-Fi hotspot connectivity when utilizing WPS security
- Enhanced device security preventing unauthorized access of telephony database by 3rd parties
- Added new MotoCast widget to enable easier access to MotoCast files
- Implemented several fixes to improve MotoCast performance
- Improved visual voicemail performance with data disabled and visual voicemail notification delivery
- Corrected loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth®
- Fixed Share app functionality to directs users to the app page in Google Play
- Added easy access to bookmarks through a press and hold on the back key

If you haven't received the update you can manually check for it by going to setting>about phone>system update. Check it out and let us know what you think.

Source: Android Police

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unlocking the phone with stock lock screen is better.

Switching networks seems better.

After the update had to toggle airplane mode to get 4g back.

Can't remember what else right now but it was more positives than negatives.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

credemann

Reaction score
Questions about update

I got the update this AM and have a few questions.

Did this change what was seen on the storage settings screen?If so what should I see now? - Modified the storage settings screen to clarify total, available, and used storage space

- Fixed Share app functionality to directs users to the app page in Google Play-from which screen-the "Modify Apps" Screen?

Thanks for any help?

skipbl92

Reaction score
I stated this in another thread, but I will say again here. I was expecting the Android version to go to 2.3.7, but it did not. Oh well!

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got the update this AM and have a few questions.

Did this change what was seen on the storage settings screen?If so what should I see now? - Modified the storage settings screen to clarify total, available, and used storage space

- Fixed Share app functionality to directs users to the app page in Google Play-from which screen-the "Modify Apps" Screen?

Thanks for any help?

On your first question, the storage is now clearly marked internal vs. Sd-card. Before it was kind of confusing with sd-card vs. sd-card-ext.

credemann

Reaction score
On your first question, the storage is now clearly marked internal vs. Sd-card. Before it was kind of confusing with sd-card vs. sd-card-ext.

Ok Gotcha, In storage settings I see divisions with headers:

"Internal area storage"
"SD Card"
"Windows Media Sync"
"software install"

Thanks LoneWolfArcher!

kwex

Reaction score
Questions thru update OTA 6.12.181.en.US

Intro:

I got my Droid Razr Maxx from ebay which i have used for over a month in my country (outside US, unlocked with local operator). After quite sometime, it has been asked to install OTA 6.12.181 regularly (everytime I chose "install later", it will postpone from an hour till 12 hours)

Questions:

- Do the update run with Verizon access only or applicable with other operators since it's an update from Motorola itself as a manufacturer? (plz correct me if wrong)
- Will the update conflict with previous inject process (inject: register ESN with local number) which can cause re-inject?

Kindly please to assist me on this..

Rgds,

-aNdRea-

kwex

Reaction score
Intro:

I got my Droid Razr Maxx from ebay which i have used for over a month in my country (outside US, unlocked with local operator). After quite sometime, it has been asked to install OTA 6.12.181 regularly (everytime I chose "install later", it will postpone from an hour till 12 hours)

Questions:

- Do the update run with Verizon access only or applicable with other operators since it's an update from Motorola itself as a manufacturer? (plz correct me if wrong)
- Will the update conflict with previous inject process (inject: register ESN with local number) which can cause re-inject?

Kindly please to assist me on this..

Rgds,

-aNdRea-

Ups..sorry..is this update for ICS?

Rgds,