New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
So...I've been trying to track with what some of you guys are saying about GB really only using one core with limited dual core action...going off that, is this next update which we got the soak test about supposed to be a version of GB that will finally fully utilize both cores? It must be some type of precursor to ICS...kinda like a prerequisite...right? Correct me if I'm wrong

Im really want ICS, but im more than willing to wait. GB is smooth right now, and this next update before ICS should make it better. It will be perfect when it comes.

Not necessarliy, ICS is an entirely new OS, there should be no prerequisites. This update appears to be updates to the built in "bloatware", updated Google apps, and some significant bug fixes.

Malithar

Reaction score
Having issues with a friend's Razr. They're pretty clueless about rooting and such, so I did it for them on their Razr a couple of months back so that they could get the Hotspot as well as a few changes I made for them (Titanium and such, etc). This latest OTA update though seems to be stuck for them on a "Download suspended. Will resume shortly..." message. It seems to be really draining battery life attempting to download this OTA and I didn't find any working links online to manually push the update, or an update to the Razr Utilities program to push it. Any ideas of what I can do for them? They're on stock rooted 6.11.744.XT912.Verizon.en.US with 6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3 build.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Having issues with a friend's Razr. They're pretty clueless about rooting and such, so I did it for them on their Razr a couple of months back so that they could get the Hotspot as well as a few changes I made for them (Titanium and such, etc). This latest OTA update though seems to be stuck for them on a "Download suspended. Will resume shortly..." message. It seems to be really draining battery life attempting to download this OTA and I didn't find any working links online to manually push the update, or an update to the Razr Utilities program to push it. Any ideas of what I can do for them? They're on stock rooted 6.11.744.XT912.Verizon.en.US with 6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3 build.

The latest OTA that is being discussed in this thread has not been released, so it's doubtful it's the one being pushed to your friend. If your friend is on 6.11.744.XT912.Verizon.en.US, then their phone is probably trying to download 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US (the 2.3.6 update) which has a build number of 6.5.1-167_DHD-14_M2-5. A quick search of the forums turned up this thread - Droid Razr Download Suspended will resume shortly - but there doesn't appear to be a definitive answer there. If nothing in that thread helps, I'd post a thread over the RAZR Support Forum about the issue.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
So we're getting ICS next week?

The OTA soak test that was supposed to happen this week was for a Gingerbread fix, not ICS. No one knows why it was delayed at this point, and no one knows when it will be rescheduled for.

All it means is that there's a delay in the Gingerbread bug fix soak test. It would be ill-advised to read anything further into it.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
The OTA soak test that was supposed to happen this week was for a Gingerbread fix, not ICS. No one knows why it was delayed at this point, and no one knows when it will be rescheduled for.

All it means is that there's a delay in the Gingerbread bug fix soak test. It would be ill-advised to read anything further into it.

Exactly.

Ed270

Reaction score
Fwiw, I was in the verizion corp store today and asked when the next OTA for motorola would be out. The associate said should go out "the middle of this month"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Kimo91

Reaction score
Why can't anyone wait patiently for ICS like me or the many out there? A lot of people are whining about needing ICS yesterday and/unlock my bootloader like you promised when I bought my xyz phone. It'll get here when it gets here and as close to buggy free as possible. I love my Razr the way it is now, rooted and on stock ROM.

sent from my rooted and Sith powered Razr