New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

T

TheAlpha

Don't know why I get like this, reading every post and checking for updates every 5 minutes. Got this way waiting for what would be the final major update of my og Droid. It's like waiting for the ice crack truck to drive by.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Ice crack truck????

devdeuce

Reaction score
Ice crack truck????

Does your neighborhood not have one? people lined up around the block, shaking with anticipation.

rcenker

Reaction score
I agree with all comments. What bothers me are two things. First, the seemingly irresponsible spread of unsubstantiated information. (There's plenty of blame to go around). Second, we all bought into the idea of buying a 'powerful' device ... and paid for it when dishing out for a dual core processor. But here we sit with half of the processing power disabled.. GB does not support dual core (correct me if I'm wrong). This is why I anxiously wait for 4.0. It should open up the possibilities for this device. Yes.. it is a great device today.. arguably the best I've ever had (and I've had them all). But I would like to explore these expanded possibilities before the phone has reached its end of life.

devdeuce

Reaction score
I was going to say that crack is more addictive than ice cream sandwiches, but i'm starting to rethink that assumption

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with all comments. What bothers me are two things. First, the seemingly irresponsible spread of unsubstantiated information. (There's plenty of blame to go around). Second, we all bought into the idea of buying a 'powerful' device ... and paid for it when dishing out for a dual core processor. But here we sit with half of the processing power disabled.. GB does not support dual core (correct me if I'm wrong). This is why I anxiously wait for 4.0. It should open up the possibilities for this device. Yes.. it is a great device today.. arguably the best I've ever had (and I've had them all). But I would like to explore these expanded possibilities before the phone has reached its end of life.

You bring up good points... I'm really hoping based on the things we've been seeing over the last week or so that ICS is closer than we think - i.e. no later than the next month or so. I would be satisfied with that as the Maxx is pretty new and the Razr is what, 6 months old, give or take? From what we've seen/heard on the ICS leak for the Razr, it looks to be pretty awesome, so if it's taken Moto this "long" to perfect it, at this point I'm ok with that.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I wonder if all of the marketing and software teams at moto were like "Crap everyone thinks this is going to be ICS!"

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I wonder if all of the marketing and software teams at moto were like "Crap everyone thinks this is going to be ICS!"

Doubtful. The people on forums like this represent a small minority of actual users. I'm sure a few people aren't too happy about it (especially with the ICS leak from their servers), but I wouldn't see them being too upset about a few people thinking they'd be getting ICS.

bullswife98

Reaction score
If I recall back in I think December maybe towards the end of it or so...Moto/Verizon had stated that there would be a series of updates first (like about 2or3of them) for the Razr before ICS came to it..

1> The update from out of box
2> The update from 173.
3> This update we're getting now
and then finally the update for ICS.
Am I wrong for thinking this? Could've swore they had a time line somewhere back then.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I recall back in I think December maybe towards the end of it or so...Moto/Verizon had stated that there would be a series of updates first (like about 2or3of them) for the Razr before ICS came to it..

1> The update from out of box
2> The update from 173.
3> This update we're getting now
and then finally the update for ICS.
Am I wrong for thinking this? Could've swore they had a time line somewhere back then.

That actually sounds pretty accurate based on what we're seeing now with soak tests/leaks...

bullswife98

Reaction score
Thought so they are actually staying with what I remember. Which is fine with me.. honestly I'd rather that they step us up to it than jump ahead,less issues and less likely to have major bugs. By then it will fall in line with a possible 3rd Q release as predicted.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
You bring up good points... I'm really hoping based on the things we've been seeing over the last week or so that ICS is closer than we think - i.e. no later than the next month or so. I would be satisfied with that as the Maxx is pretty new and the Razr is what, 6 months old, give or take? From what we've seen/heard on the ICS leak for the Razr, it looks to be pretty awesome, so if it's taken Moto this "long" to perfect it, at this point I'm ok with that.

My estimate is based on that fact that they have no plans right now for the U.S. I think this leak is the ROM for the 2Q international release in the release chart. It very well could be that Motorola is hoping a new handset with ICS will cause people to buy it rather than hold on to an older handset with GB.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
My estimate is based on that fact that they have no plans right now for the U.S. I think this leak is the ROM for the 2Q international release in the release chart. It very well could be that Motorola is hoping a new handset with ICS will cause people to buy it rather than hold on to an older handset with GB.

This leak is definitely specifically designed for the U.S. Verizon RAZR/MAXX. If the leak was for the an international version, it wouldn't be working with the Verizon RAZR/MAXX.

rcenker

Reaction score
If the update is really in Q2 or Q3 then maybe we should get a refund for half the processor we were suppose to be able to use (and paid for). I will reiterate.... I love the phone as is and I want a solid release of 4.0 but I'm tired of marketing games standing in the way of what the device COULD do. If it's not ready, don't release it. But don't be leaking BS just to sell phones... particularly dual core (or even quad core) when, in fact, the multi core is not being used. That's just marketing BS. Deception bordering on false advertising. And that goes for the whole bunch.... Moto, Google, AND VZW.