New Razr Software Update NOT ICS...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man i hope this is ics. I dont think I can stand 2 or 3 more months of people trying to figure out when this thing is coming out and what every app update means.

The soak test tomorrow is not ICS, that is a fact.

That doesn't mean that ICS isn't right around the corner, as a very stable leaked build was "cheesecaked". For what it's worth, the built being soak tested tomorrow was "cheesecaked" about a week or so ago. So ICS is probably still close.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Aren't these soak tests under NDA?

Threads likes these cause manufacturers not to want to give us nice things.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Aren't these soak tests under NDA?

Threads likes these cause manufacturers not to want to give us nice things.

Yeah they do, but it's all over kingdom come - the release notes, version number, etc.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Like the "manufacturers" pay any attention or are even aware of this? This blog is so far off their radar. Their money comes from the "masses" . We are actually such a small percentage of this to be insignificant.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Am I the only person not disappointed with this news? My Razr could not be running any smoother than it is right now, and I can't honestly ask for anything more. When ICS does make it to the Razr, I just hope they take all the time necessary to make it near flawless, because I will not be happy if my near perfect device has issues after an "upgrade."

tkileh

Reaction score
What I find funny is I'm sure moto found out about the thousands of people talking and posting about the "Ics" update and instead of stepping in and releasing a note or post about it not being the ice cream sandwich update they just let us all believe that it was Ics. Good ol Motorola haha.!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Reaction score
If i run the ota for ics and then wanna go back to Ginger bread am i able too. Im downloading the ota builds and i just wanna make sure before i put ics on

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do think there is some stuff in this update that means ICS is coming soon. I wanted to try the latest leak for GB for the updated radios. Maybe I will get lucky and get an invite. Better battery life is always good too.

The soak test tomorrow is not ICS, that is a fact.

That doesn't mean that ICS isn't right around the corner, as a very stable leaked build was "cheesecaked". For what it's worth, the built being soak tested tomorrow was "cheesecaked" about a week or so ago. So ICS is probably still close.

That is interesting.... I know the site the ICS leak came from had updates here n there for the past few months. I was just patient and never installed any. Yea I agree....its close....just not tomorrow...lol.

Reaction score
Is the leak the actually build or just one devs made

Reaction score
Im not rooted either so question 1. If i download Gingerbread and already installed ics can i use the ota zip to go back to 2.3.6 can i do it that way and 2. Do anyone know a app to back up apps with out being rooted

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im not rooted either so question 1. If i download Gingerbread and already installed ics can i use the ota zip to go back to 2.3.6 can i do it that way and 2. Do anyone know a app to back up apps with out being rooted

You'll have to root to install the leak. In order to go back, you'll have to use rsdlite and do it manually with the fastboot files, or use something like Matt's utility (probably the better way for most).

There's no great way to backup apps without root. I've always used My Backup Pro, but all it really does is save the .apk files to your sd card, then one by one "click" on them for you. You still have to hit "install" and "ok" while installing each app, and occasionally it misses a couple. I guess it saves on the data of re-downloading them all, though. And there's no way to backup the data within the apps without root access.

Reaction score
Where do i get the fastboot files to unroot the phone?

Last edited: