Change Log for Droid RAZR/Maxx 6.12.181 Update

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
razrchangelog.png

After all the hoopla an update is finally ready to roll out to the Droid RAZR and RAZR Maxx. After the 17.4MB update hits the handset, owners of the RAZR series will enjoy improved device stability, optimized device performance to extend battery life, improved text message delivery and a host of other enhancements. When changelogs appear on Verizon's site the release is usually within 7 days of releasing. They have been known to be taken down as well. It looks like this one is a go though. Please visit Verizon's website for more info.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
guess they didn't need the soak test! :)

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
"4G coverage indicator accurately displays data connectivity"

Does this mean it will be accurate in the same way the Nexus is accurate?

Sometimes I worry a bit that this will affect how well this phone already holds/switches between 4G/3G.

Adam74

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Sweet..... But I don't know if I can handle any more battery life. Ha!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Awesome!!!! Glad to hear it.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
guess they didn't need the soak test! :)
Not with everyone tossing their NDA's away and sharing everything. I think the days of the soak tests are coming to a close. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I had the community signing NDA's only to have them ignore them I'd pull the plug

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not with everyone tossing their NDA's away and sharing everything. I think the days of the soak tests are coming to a close. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I had the community signing NDA's only to have them ignore them I'd pull the plug

You mean when motorola was trying to work with development and get it right they was hinting at "Now leak all our software so people can use it to make roms and now have customers calling us up wanting to know why their buddy has the newest software and they don't".

Yeah I agree motorola is probably losing patience with the rom community. Then again the rom community has lost patience with carriers and oems holding on to software fixes so they can sell another phone. Oems and carriers need to support their devices and the customer for at least 18 months out of the 24 month contract. That still does not give people the right to leak software that they promised not to leak.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

Sometimes I worry a bit that this will affect how well this phone already holds/switches between 4G/3G.

Yeah... I'm kind of worried about that too.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
You mean when motorola was trying to work with development and get it right they was hinting at "Now leak all our software so people can use it to make roms and now have customers calling us up wanting to know why their buddy has the newest software and they don't".

Yeah I agree motorola is probably losing patience with the rom community. Then again the rom community has lost patience with carriers and oems holding on to software fixes so they can sell another phone. Oems and carriers need to support their devices and the customer for at least 18 months out of the 24 month contract. That still does not give people the right to leak software that they promised not to leak.

When would the 18 months start? Would the release of the phone be the beginning or if joe blow waits 9-12 months to buy it at a bargain price would he be entitled to 18 months?
Just throwing that out there, but yes they need to have better support or atleast unblock bootloaders after they quite support.

----posted maxx'ed out----

huskur

Reaction score

My wifes Bionic picks up and holds 4G way way better than my Maxx. Maybe this update will change that. We will see!!

Captmilk

Reaction score
Moto's updates are weak. I'm so bored waiting for them to release ICS. The leak works fine enough for me...