Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX to get Android 4.0/ICS Update Rollout Starting Today!

wingnutlori

Reaction score
Got it! So far...not impressed

I received my ICS update and so far...I'm not impressed. :frown:

There are some nice changes, but face recognition rarely works for me so I turned it off.

The BIG issue is that the phone is VERY laggy now. Something as simple as closing an app (Kindle, for instance), takes entirely too long. My MAXX was blazing fast when I got it in April. After the update, not so much. :angry:

I'm a fan of Words With Friends but haven't been able to log in since ICS (keep getting a network error). Uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Other online game apps connect (slowly) but not this one. Hmmm. :mad:

Has anyone else experienced incredible slowdown since the update?

WestOkid

Reaction score
I received my ICS update and so far...I'm not impressed. :frown:

There are some nice changes, but face recognition rarely works for me so I turned it off.

The BIG issue is that the phone is VERY laggy now. Something as simple as closing an app (Kindle, for instance), takes entirely too long. My MAXX was blazing fast when I got it in April. After the update, not so much. :angry:

I'm a fan of Words With Friends but haven't been able to log in since ICS (keep getting a network error). Uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Other online game apps connect (slowly) but not this one. Hmmm. :mad:

Has anyone else experienced incredible slowdown since the update?

you may have to do a factory reset. that's what worked for me. Hated to have to waste hours setting up the phone but some say it's a must when doing a full OS update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Vog46

Reaction score
Natey2

Thats EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Thank you so very much
I downloaded the update today (I am in Wilmington NC)

It took awhile but it looks to be worth it

Best Regards
Vog

Oceaneyes

Reaction score
Like ICS Features, not liking what it's done to my phone.

So the battery still will not charge when I have it turned on and plugged in. Have heard from several techies to do a factory reset. I'm not happy about having to do this. I've been told to make sure I perform a back up first. How do I do that, and what exactly will be backed up?

Thanks!