Droid for Droid X Price and Config

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So if I purchase the X for full retail... I'm no longer in my 2 year contract? It goes month to month?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It would be cheaper to pay the ETF and get the Droid X for 199.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure..or you can just add a line and cancel your current one and I think they can switch numbers.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure..or you can just add a line and cancel your current one and I think they can switch numbers.
True. But it would be far too much of a hassle to change numbers. On top of for personal use, it's also used for work. So I'd have way too many people to inform of a change.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nevermind this post

Last edited:

Generalg

Reaction score
So if I purchase the X for full retail... I'm no longer in my 2 year contract? It goes month to month?

I'm wondering this as well... And no ETF if doing this? Buying the phone outright at full retail will It cancel my 2 year contract in place currently? Confussed.....

OP

7 VII 7

Reaction score
I believe if you do the ETF you have to wait 6 months to get on Verizon again... sooo ew

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

I'm wondering this as well... And no ETF if doing this? Buying the phone outright at full retail will It cancel my 2 year contract in place currently? Confussed.....

Why dont you just pick up your phone, call 611, and ask? I doub't that ends your contract. Your contract isn't tied to a phone where if you stop using it, you're out.

Generalg

Reaction score

Why dont you just pick up your phone, call 611, and ask? I doub't that ends your contract. Your contract isn't tied to a phone where if you stop using it, you're out.

DOne. Nope doesn't affect the contract. Just my wallet when buying at full retail. That's great. Got $325 out of my used 8 month old droid. So buying the X at full retail won't hurt to bad. :icon_eek:

Reaction score
I went into the verizon store and told them my sob story. My wife and I both got droids in Nov 09 and just recently my droid got wet and refuses to show any life. Id like to get the droid x and asked what my options were.

They told me that either I could pay full retail, which he thought would be high $500's or that I could add a line for $10 a month and get the droid x at the $200 price point as long as the new line came with a new 2 year contract.

This would mean the x would cost me $440 over the length of the contract. Still less than full retail and the cost is spread out over two years.

I also figure I might be able to find a family member that will take over my current droid line with an old phone of theirs, and will be willing to pay me the $10 a month. Then if I sell my old droid out for parts and the accessories, I should be in pretty good shape.

Does this sound like a good idea to anyone else?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I went into the verizon store and told them my sob story. My wife and I both got droids in Nov 09 and just recently my droid got wet and refuses to show any life. Id like to get the droid x and asked what my options were.

They told me that either I could pay full retail, which he thought would be high $500's or that I could add a line for $10 a month and get the droid x at the $200 price point as long as the new line came with a new 2 year contract.

This would mean the x would cost me $440 over the length of the contract. Still less than full retail and the cost is spread out over two years.

I also figure I might be able to find a family member that will take over my current droid line with an old phone of theirs, and will be willing to pay me the $10 a month. Then if I sell my old droid out for parts and the accessories, I should be in pretty good shape.

NO, because he left out the $30 data plan that is forced on you. So add another 720 over two years. You can try to get them to dump the data plan off the first line maybe?

hendrix

Reaction score

NO, because he left out the $30 data plan that is forced on you. So add another 720 over two years. You can try to get them to dump the data plan off the first line maybe?

He can move the droid X over to his primary line which already has the $30/month and put a cheap ebayed "feature phone" on the $10/month line and it will only be $10/month.

Reaction score

Yeah, I will have to pay the $30 data plan on the added x line, but they have already dropped the $30 data plan that I was using for my non working droid and have now replaced with a temporarily cheap old razor phone. So that should be a wash in terms of pricing.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Yeah, I will have to pay the $30 data plan on the added x line, but they have already dropped the $30 data plan that I was using for my non working droid and have now replaced with a temporarily cheap old razor phone. So that should be a wash in terms of pricing.

Sweet! so you just get a new number. unless youve been using google voice. sounds like. deal.