droid extended battery slim

windstrings

Reaction score
Here in post # 309 it explains its possible the batterystats.bin file on the Droid originally got calibrated with the stock battery and now it won't "relearn" so if your rooted, you can delete that file and let it rewrite....

Something a few guys are playing with that may have promise!

solorca

Reaction score
Here in post # 309 it explains its possible the batterystats.bin file on the Droid originally got calibrated with the stock battery and now it won't "relearn" so if your rooted, you can delete that file and let it rewrite....

Something a few guys are playing with that may have promise!

Cool, I'll be waiting on him to report back to see if this helps!

averma1

Reaction score
So if someone could clarify, did the 1600 mah ebay battery make your droid last longer or not?

BzB

Reaction score
the seidio slim extended battery for the droid has been "under development" for the past 3 months.

...yet somehow seidio was able to develop and release a slim extended battery for the nexus in less than a month even though that phone was released after the droid and has had far less sales. seems their priorities are all out of wack....

Reaction score
the seidio slim extended battery for the droid has been "under development" for the past 3 months.

...yet somehow seidio was able to develop and release a slim extended battery for the nexus in less than a month even though that phone was released after the droid and has had far less sales. seems their priorities are all out of wack....

When I emailed them mid-February they told me that it would be available at the end of the month. Maybe they had their months mixed up.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Are you under the impression that Seidio has a plant in Texas that produces batteries? They subcontract manufacturing in Asia. It's entirely possible that the delay is the result of manufacturing capacity issues.

BzB

Reaction score

Are you under the impression that Seidio has a plant in Texas that produces batteries? They subcontract manufacturing in Asia. It's entirely possible that the delay is the result of manufacturing capacity issues.

The nexus battery probably uses similar materials and suppliers as would the droid battery. I think they made a decision to go with the battery for the nexus first instead of the droid. Maybe they thought the nexus would be more successful than the droid? I guess it's also possible that battery could be used in other htc phones (desire, incredible, etc).

Last edited:

qoncept

Reaction score
I just got my battery from Hong Kong yesterday. Jury's still out on the life. I deleted my batterystats.bin file, plan to let it run till it's dead (is there an app I can run to do that without babysittying it?) and then see how it does.

Edit: I'm also running adamz's low voltage 800mhz kernel overclocked to 700mhz. People seem to think it improves battery life, too. It would be awesome if I could forget to charge my phone overnight and still have some life left the next day. I usually charge my cheapo work phone once a week.

Last edited:

qoncept

Reaction score
Well, based on one complete drain (running Robo Defense) this battery isn't close to 1600mah, or even the stock battery. Stock could get me through at least a couple games. I finished one with the new battery, then played around a bit with Helix launcher and the phone turned off. Absolutely horrible, but for $8 it'll be fine as a spare.

averma1

Reaction score
lol doesn't it still need to be conditioned, i remember my milestone used to die within 6 hours when i got it, now its making it to about 10-14 (about 5-7 days later).

stay with it and let us know if it gets any better, depending on what you find i might buy one or just get another OEM battery as a replacement

koobers

Reaction score
Solorca-

I saw this on Seidio's website which means that your claims are completely unfounded and I fully expect to see a recantation of your baseless rants about a non-issue.

Important Notice for Innocell 2800mAh Extended Life Battery users:

Some users may see an incorrect measure of remaining battery life when using the Seidio Innocell 2800mAh Extended Life Battery. If you feel like you are experiencing a rapid decrease in battery life shown on the battery meter, or are seeing erratic battery life, please perform the following:

1. Fully Charge the Battery After Each Drain -- Because our battery exceeds the amount that the Droid's firmware can handle, you will need to charge it beyond 100% as your battery meter may suggest. Meaning that after your Droid "thinks" that is full, you need to leave it in there for an additional 2-3 hours to fully charge the battery.

2. Rebooting -- You might find the battery meter reading 40-50% halfway through the day. If that is the case, you will need to restart the droid, once you do that, you will get an accurate reading on the meter. You will only need to do this once, because subsequent rebooting will give you consistent and accurate readings.

Innocell 2800mAh Extended Life Battery

windstrings

Reaction score
True... but we have discovered if you use the mv readings as your guide you won't go wrong.

Fully charged = 4180 to 4200ish
Fully dead = 3350ish

koobers

Reaction score
True... but we have discovered if you use the mv readings as your guide you won't go wrong.

Fully charged = 4180 to 4200ish
Fully dead = 3350ish

That is good to know but forgive me for being a total noob here as I have only had my Droid for about 2 weeks & it's my 1st smart phone. Where would I go to find the mv settings? I would really like to get an extended batt & I like my Seidio case, I just find it difficult to dish out so much cash to Verizon for the same batt that came with the phone.

windstrings

Reaction score
The easiest way is to download an app called battery left
It will give you a constant readout and report how many hours you have left till dead once you get it calibrated... that too is covered several post back.

zero7404

Reaction score
speaking of extended life batteries, what happened to Seidio's slim extended battery offering ? it's not on their web site anymore ... it was there for the longest time as in development/coming soon ....

now not there