is this a bad idea to...

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:shocked: i wouldn't. i mean just seeing the problems ppl have with after market chargers is enough to scare me away from that thought. are you SURE they're motorola?

CatsTide

Reaction score
i'd say yes but you can find oem batteries on ebay for pretty good prices....make sure to check the sellers reputation

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks. The battery I'm looking at is a 1600 mah extended battery for the motorla droid. I think I'm going to try to out. Seems pretty good quality and seller has gotten great reviews.

M

Matth3w

:shocked: i wouldn't. i mean just seeing the problems ppl have with after market chargers is enough to scare me away from that thought. are you SURE they're motorola?
I got a battery for 4 bucks (non-OEM) including shipping from eBay and it works just fine, so I would respectfully disagree. The charge doesn't last the full day like my OEM one does but it works good enough to use for 5-8 hours usually if my other one dies for some reason. Then again I use a cheap battery only charger to charge it so it could be more of an issue with that battery charger than the battery itself.

Either way, I paid 4 bucks and it's a great backup.

I would say, however, if you don't like spam mail, that having your full email address for 30k+ members and every spam mail spider on the internet for all to see is a bad idea.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got a battery for 4 bucks (non-OEM) including shipping from eBay and it works just fine, so I would respectfully disagree. The charge doesn't last the full day like my OEM one does but it works good enough to use for 5-8 hours usually if my other one dies for some reason. Then again I use a cheap battery only charger to charge it so it could be more of an issue with that battery charger than the battery itself.

Either way, I paid 4 bucks and it's a great backup.

I would say, however, if you don't like spam mail, that having your full email address for 30k+ members and every spam mail spider on the internet for all to see is a bad idea.

Maybe that non-oem battery is the reason your phone's so slow...

M

Matth3w

>.<

I've used it like 3 times at the most. It's an emergency thing only. I take it with me when I travel in case I do WiFi tether while not charging or something.

jtaliani

Reaction score
I ended up picking up two of the cheap eBay batteries and have had similar results as Matth3w. The batteries have worked, but I am only getting ~ 5 hours from a charge. This is compared to ~ 10-12 from my factory battery with the same use. Personally, if I could do it over again, I would only stick with factory batteries or high end aftermarket. I ended up buying another new factory Motorola battery on eBay for $18.50 shipped.