iPhone 7+ 256gb
Do let us know....

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
A half year warranty on a batt that fries your driod wont be worth .01

Yodes

Reaction score
I'll wait till Seidio releases theres. A known company that you can actually trust.

solorca

Reaction score
I'll wait till Seidio releases theres. A known company that you can actually trust.

Hahah, I would hardly call Seidio a company you can trust. They intentionally mislead their customers in regards to the extended battery by not mentioning anything about false battery level readings on the Droid.

I trust this random company selling a product on ebay about as much as I trust Seidio.

Yodes

Reaction score

Hahah, I would hardly call Seidio a company you can trust. They intentionally mislead their customers in regards to the extended battery by not mentioning anything about false battery level readings on the Droid.

I trust this random company selling a product on ebay about as much as I trust Seidio.

I've never had any issues with the number of seidio extended batteries that I've used. But if you'd rather trust that phony-direct-off-a-stolen-truck looking product be my guest.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

I've never had any issues with the number of seidio extended batteries that I've used. But if you'd rather trust that phony-direct-off-a-stolen-truck looking product be my guest.

It is a known problem with the Droid and Seidio batteries.

splatmatic

Reaction score
Can't wait any longer for seidio.. Ill go ahead and bite the bullet. and I have money to burn if my destroy my droid. Searching on the net some batteries worked, some don't... hell its 9 bucks..

windstrings

Reaction score
Its a known issue with the Droid firmware and extended batteries.
A fresh reboot turns up a much higher reading than shown with a normal drain... repeated reboots will not refresh the same way until you've put it back on charge for a while.

A little app called battery left seems to help as it watches time used against mv readings to make a guestimation of accurate time till dead reading.

I"m hoping the 2.1 firmware will have this issue corrected. Seem Moto could have little motivation to correct until they sell extended batteries themselves.

Here is a pretty extensive thread on the matter.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its a known issue with the Droid firmware and extended batteries.
A fresh reboot turns up a much higher reading than shown with a normal drain... repeated reboots will not refresh the same way until you've put it back on charge for a while.

A little app called battery left seems to help as it watches time used against mv readings to make a guestimation of accurate time till dead reading.

I"m hoping the 2.1 firmware will have this issue corrected. Seem Moto could have little motivation to correct until they sell extended batteries themselves.

Here is a pretty extensive thread on the matter.

Not just extended batteries. I have the Seidio replacement battery for the Droid (which is the same size as the OEM battery) and it won't read accurately either.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
How exactly are they intentionally misleading anyone?

The description of the extended battery from their site:
Seidio invests in extensive research to find the best and most powerful battery components on the market. We carefully select top quality Japanese cells for our batteries to ensure the highest level of safety, quality, and performance. Our research, knowledge, and expertise give us the ability to create batteries that provide maximum capacity in their comparable space. This large capacity Innocell Extended Life Battery is for the avid traveler who can't always get to a charger. It has up to 87% more capacity than the original and comes with a black replacement door featuring Seidio's signature soft touch coating. Even with heavy phone and data usage, this battery will keep you charged and ready to go.

- Made from the highest quality Japanese cells
- Comes with a black replacement door featuring Seidio's signature soft touch coating
- Adds only 0.9cm to your device
- Keeps your phone charged and ready to go, even with heavy phone and data usage
- Capacity: 2600mAh

* All battery life claims are dependent upon usage patterns, network configuration and many other factors; actual results will vary.

I've never had issues in years of dealing with Seidio, contrary to your assertion.

Last edited:

solorca

Reaction score
How exactly are they intentionally misleading anyone?

Because they claim that you get improved and long lasting battery life, when in fact, over the course of one day you have to reboot the phone 5-6 times to get that longer battery life (because the Droid cannot read the extended battery properly). Seidio has confirmed that they were well aware of this limitation during their initial testing for the product, but they chose to not include it anywhere in their product description or anywhere else that I can find, for that matter.

It's one thing to put a blanket statement out about individual results varying, it's another to intentionally leave out something that the average user would consider very important information in regards to a product they are purchasing.

It's a poor business practice and I have completely lost all respect for the company based on it.

Go ahead and buy the battery if you like, but be prepared to have to perform a half-dozen reboots every day just to get the true life of the battery.

windstrings

Reaction score
Not just extended batteries. I have the Seidio replacement battery for the Droid (which is the same size as the OEM battery) and it won't read accurately either.

Oh really, this is the first I've heard of this, nor do I understand it since a battery is just a battery without intelligence.

But nevertheless Seidio should chime in an address this issue one way or another.

Has anyone called and talked to them?

busab

Reaction score
I bought a 1600 mAh extended slim battery from some unknown company in China for 7 bucks to the door and quite frankly it was the best battery I had ever owned. It going strong when I sold my blackberry tour a few weeks ago.