droid extended battery slim

searayman

Reaction score
speaking of extended life batteries, what happened to Seidio's slim extended battery offering ? it's not on their web site anymore ... it was there for the longest time as in development/coming soon ....

now not there

Seidio is screwing us

nerdbox08

Reaction score
speaking of extended life batteries, what happened to Seidio's slim extended battery offering ? it's not on their web site anymore ... it was there fo

Seidio is screwing us

How? They aren't under contract to produce anything. Your mentality is wrong in that assumption.

They can list anything they want as coming soon, then pull it if they chose to.

To the person who dug this post back up :

As for getting someone to recant a debate that is two months old is silly. Siedo has changed so much information since then it's not even funny; in fact the information quoted from the site wasn't known at the time of that debate.

Please be more careful when you approach things, especially if you've only had your first smart phone for two weeks and your pulling up mostly outdated information.

BzB

Reaction score
speaking of extended life batteries, what happened to Seidio's slim extended battery offering ? it's not on their web site anymore ... it was there fo

Seidio is screwing us
How? They aren't under contract to produce anything. Your mentality is wrong in that assumption.

As for getting someone to recant a debate that is two months old is silly. Siedo has changed so much information since then it's not even funny; in fact the information quoted from the site wasn't known at the time of that debate.

Please be more careful when you approach things, especially if you've only had your first smart phone for two weeks and your pulling up mostly outdated information.

screwing us or not is a personal pov. imo it is an annoying slight to droid owners for seidio to say for months that it's coming only to remove the product with no update and no comment to users here (in the seidio subforum). especially seeing as they are producing and selling a slim extended battery for the eris (a device that has reached eol) and for the nexus. also especially seeing that droid owners have contributed a lot to their bottom line in terms of cases sold and other accessories. at the very least it would be professional of them to make some comment on the matter. but at the end of the day they don't owe us anything. i just say they're lucky they don't have much competition...yet.

BenB2362

Reaction score
At the risk of rehashing the "truth in advertising" debate I have to agree with Solorca to a degree.

If Seidio knew that the Droid would not provide an accurate reading of battery life, require reboots, dealing with low battery lights and didn't include that information in their advertising then they weren't doing anything illegal. BUT..an accurate battery reading is an important function of the Droid and if Seidio included that information in their advertising the unit sales would be less... strikes me as dishonest. Especially if you're charged a 15% restocking fee. Again, absolutely legal but not moral or a good long term business decision.

I'm a self-employed business owner and I KNOW that if I provided a service/product that had hidden downsides like that, whether I knew about it or not, I'd have to make it right or lose a customer. Making it right would not include a 15% restocking fee. Actually, if one of my customers found that I knew about something like that beforehand and didn't disclose it I'd definitely lose a customer.

Before I get flamed I'd like to reiterate that I'm not debating that the advertised claims were true and I could care less which company is at fault for the inaccurate battery reading.

I prefer to do business with companies who do business the way I do, who know the value of customer service and are honest. Don't you?

koobers

Reaction score

Seidio is screwing us

This information wasn't pertinent to me 2 months ago as I mentioned I've only had my Droid now for 2 weeks. Obviously I wouldn't have been looking for info on extended batteries 2 months ago so it's not old news to me. Besides, if someone wrote an article with misinformation I would expect a retraction whether or not the article was 2 months old. It's obvious that Seidio has corrected the so called misinformation and I figured that the comments should be taken back as well.
Oh and as for rehashing an old post, it appears that folks are still interested in discussing it seeing there are now 2 more pages of replies since my post.
LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!!

nerdbox08

Reaction score

They can list anything they want as coming soon, t

This information wasn't pertinent to me 2 months ago as I mentioned I've only had my Droid now for 2 weeks. Obviously I wouldn't have been looking for info on extended batteries 2 months ago so it's not old news to me. Besides, if someone wrote an article with misinformation I would expect a retraction whether or not the article was 2 months old. It's obvious that Seidio has corrected the so called misinformation and I figured that the comments should be taken back as well.

Oh and as for rehashing an old post, it appears that folks are still interested in discussing it seeing there are now 2 more pages of replies since my post.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!!

People like you make my head hurt, instead of common sense you are full of self righteousness. Instead of demanding some stupid retraction by a user you could have used that common sense and said to yourself, "here this is an old post, looks like there is new information to share". Instead the information you read here that WAS out dated, you took as truth, which was your mistake, not on anyone else.

It isn't very becoming to "offer" information like that.

Battery life is always going to be an important matter when it comes to any smart phone, especially one like ours, but acting the way you are isn't going to promote growth or knowledge in the community.

windstrings

Reaction score
When I think of how many prototype cars came out that never reached the market it makes me realize that companies are always reassessing whether its profitable to release a product or not.

Who knows what conversations go on behind closed doors but its entirely possible that the extended slim battery just wasn't going to draw a big enough crowd to warrant folks buying it when they already had one for free that came with the phone that had slightly less capacity.

Maybe they put the effort in making the extended extra long capacity to even higher standards as they bumped it to 2800mah.

I can only speculate.

But no one likes being promised an ice cream cone to have it taken away regardless of the reasons.
People are people and feelings still prevail.

When there is only so much money and resources someone has to make the hard decisions about what items get the attention and resources.

I personally think there is a market for the slim as many folks don't sweat a few bucks and want what they want and don't want bulk.

But if I had it to do all over again, I would still get the full fledged extended battery as I love the runtime and like its ability to set the phone on its edge on a solid surface and its actually easier to hold as it fits in my palm nicely and prevents the phone from looking like a plate of glass in my pocket.

As disappointing as it may be..... Seidio is not controlled by the government "yet" and can do what they think is best for the company for the good of the whole.

No one is out to get us and we are not victims.

For all we know the battery didn't end up being what it was cracked up to be so they pulled it... I can respect that too as they want to maintain a good reputation and not make customers feel like they got another stock battery with a different name on it.

We are already giving them enough grief with the extended about only 2600mah and they up'd it to 2800mah.

I'm not trying to be self righteous but I do believe in defending a company thats tries to do whats right.

I called in about a little tiny crack in my case as when I pulled it off the plastic bent and a thin area developed a tiny crack... they sent me a brand new one no questions asked.

A company that was trying to screw us would have given me a load of crap about the whole thing.

I believe them to be an honorable company and have earned place in my mind to receive the benefit of a doubt.

rfriel

Reaction score
maybe soooo , but......

threw me for a loop de loop,

:mad:
When I think of how many prototype cars came out that never reached the market it makes me realize that companies are always reassessing whether its profitable to release a product or not.

Who knows what conversations go on behind closed doors but its entirely possible that the extended slim battery just wasn't going to draw a big enough crowd to warrant folks buying it when they already had one for free that came with the phone that had slightly less capacity.

Maybe they put the effort in making the extended extra long capacity to even higher standards as they bumped it to 2800mah.

I can only speculate.

But no one likes being promised an ice cream cone to have it taken away regardless of the reasons.

When there is only so much money and resources someone has to make the hard decisions about what items get the attention and resources.

I personally think there is a market for the slim as many folks don't sweat a few bucks and want what they want and don't want bulk.

But if I had it to do all over again, I would still get the full fledged extended battery as I love the runtime and like its ability to set the phone on its edge on a solid surface and its actually easier to hold as it fits in my palm nicely and prevents the phone from looking like a plate of glass in my pocket.

As disappointing as it may be..... Seidio is not controlled by the government "yet" and can do what they think is best for the company for the good of the whole.

For all we know the battery didn't end up being what it was cracked up to be so they pulled it... I can respect that too as they want to maintain a good reputation and not make customers feel like they got another stock battery with a different name on it.

We are already giving them enough grief with the extended about only 2600mah and they up'd it to 2800mah.

I'm not trying to be self righteous but I do believe in defending a company thats tries to do whats right.

I called in about a little tiny crack in my case as when I pulled it off the plastic bent and a thin area developed a tiny crack... they sent me a brand new one no questions asked.

A company that was trying to screw us would have given me a load of crap about the whole thing.

I believe them to be an honorable company and have earned place in my mind to receive the benefit of a doubt.

BzB

Reaction score
sorry, but i don't buy that. they developed a slim extended battery for the eris (now reaching end of life on vzw) and the nexus (which turned out to be a sales bust). i doubt very highly that materials or development resources were an issue. i think it was just a business decision to focus on other products instead, albeit a bad business decision, which i have no problem with what so ever. just don't leave your customers hanging.

a company that prides themselves on customer service and communication stayed quiet for months and never responded to questions or inquiries until AFTER the product was already removed from their website. that's a shame and a dent to their reputation imo, probably not for others, but for me.

I can only speculate.

windstrings

Reaction score
sorry, but i don't buy that. they developed a slim extended battery for the eris (now reaching end of life on vzw) and the nexus (which turned out to be a sales bust). i doubt very highly that materials or development resources were an issue. i think it was just a business decision to focus on other products instead, albeit a bad business decision, which i have no problem with what so ever. just don't leave your customers hanging.

I agree, but like you say... focusing on other products is a gamble it will be more lucrative while leaving those prospective customers that would have bought the slim without that option but opening up options to a broader market.

The Droid is already old news with the Droid ultimate coming out and the nexus already out.. there is a limit as to how many accessories to push on a product thats already settling in the marketplace.

Sad but true.. electronics get released too early with bugs and deficiencies and just about the time they get the bugs ironed out, they are dinosaurs... true with software too.

Competition among cellphones is worse than computers... a worldwide market frenzy.. its tough to keep up if your a vendor supplying accessories.

bastosero

Reaction score
This thread is for the Motorola Droid and not the Motorola Droid X, bro.

Mac56

Reaction score
Motorola Droid X Extended Battery Life Package is the title page.