!TESTING! OEM-Battery Vs. Hong Kong Non-OEM Battery

trevorx3

Reaction score
I've noticed my OEM-battery outlasts my Hong Kong non-oem batteries by far.

Would there be any interest for me to conduct a simple test to find out an approximate percentage that the non-oem battery provides in comparison to the OEM battery?

This test would involve me using Wardrive, an application that uses both wifi and gps to scan and trace wifi access points, so that I could time how long it takes for the battery to die. This is the fastest way that I can possibly drain my battery. My phone would be placed in the same location during both tests .

Note: this test won't be without variables and cannot be considered 'scientific'
It can however be used as a rough guideline.

Here's a link to the Non-OEM battery I will be using (yes I have two of these batteries)
LOT 2 NEW BATTERY MOTOROLA BP6X DROID A855 CLIQ MB200 - eBay (item 110488735224 end time Apr-01-10 18:01:16 PDT)

OP
T

trevorx3

Reaction score
I don't have the results yet.

I'm not affiliated with the sellers at all, sorry to give that impression.

I just wanted to show exactly what batteries I would be using for the test.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i would be interested in the results to this..i have looked at these before and thought about ordering them for backups but, i was 2 scared to do it:icon_eek: fell for the charger scam..since that strictly moto parts

hiphopvenom

Reaction score
I bought 5 of these batteries for under 30...they last about half of what the oem do..I always carry 2 in my wallet Ha.....

OP
T

trevorx3

Reaction score
Hiphop, I bought 2 for around $12. I always have them with me. I've used them quite a few times (basketball games after school that don't allow me to be home until midnight, and times when I forget to charge overnight).

Not the greatest battery life, but they work in a pinch.

OP
T

trevorx3

Reaction score
I'm starting the test with the OEM battery at 6:00pm central time (approximately 6 minutes from now)

OP
T

trevorx3

Reaction score
Started test at 5:55 central time. (got impatient)

Turned on Wifi (connected to access point about 20 feet away), turned on bluetooth (connected to nothing), turned on GPS (used with Wardrive), turned on autosync, turned on 100% brightness with the screen never timing out. Turned on wardrive, left it up an running while setting on my nightstand.

I'm expecting the battery to last 1-2 hours with this much stress on it.

OP
T

trevorx3

Reaction score
30 minutes into the test and it's still reading 100% charge...

OP
T

trevorx3

Reaction score
30 minutes in, started streaming music via last.fm at full volume.

I know this is adding more variables, but it's still going to give me a rough timeframe.

The current test will take too long.

droid d'oh

Reaction score
I bought 5 of these batteries for under 30...they last about half of what the oem do..I always carry 2 in my wallet Ha.....

With all the exploding batterys, that scares the s*** out of me even if it isn't discharging

daftlush

Reaction score

With all the exploding batterys, that scares the s*** out of me even if it isn't discharging

Exploding batteries is exactly what I'm scared of. Especially since my droid gets real hot when charging. Still, I ordered a charger and battery combo for 10 bucks. I figure the charger is worth that much.