Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Breaking: DROID Eris Receiving Update July 16th

On 07.12.10, In News, by Kellex

According to Verizon, Droid Eris users should expect to see an OTA update starting Friday July 16th. This update is not to Android 2.2, but does feature a bundle of OS enhancements.
Here are the details…

You haven’t been forgotten about just yet Eris users! Nice to see Verizon and HTC still supporting one of the original Droid family members.

droid-life.com

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
isn't this brought to us by the same people that said the Droid was going to receive 2.2 tomorrow?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
isn't this brought to us by the same people that said the Droid was going to receive 2.2 tomorrow?

Droid-Life has been great with recent leaks. Don't discount what they've told us :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Droid-Life has been great with recent leaks. Don't discount what they've told us :)

I'm allowed to be somewhat skeptical at this point. I haven't heard anything else about the 7/13 Droid getting 2.2 after that announcement and I'm pretty sure Droid will get 2.2 before the Eris will.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
And tomorrow isnt here yet.. so we dont know, they said, 'Rumored to be released tomorrow' .. so we shall see..

Last edited:

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'm allowed to be somewhat skeptical at this point. I haven't heard anything else about the 7/13 Droid getting 2.2 after that announcement and I'm pretty sure Droid will get 2.2 before the Eris will.

This update isn't about 2.2. These are maintenance releases for the Eris running 2.1.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

the Eris update listed here isn't 2.2... just sayin'

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You're right. I misread, and I even double checked before I posted. I don't know where I saw 2.2.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

You're right. I misread, and I even double checked before I posted. I don't know where I saw 2.2.

You probably read the line:

This update is not Android 2.2

as:

This update is Android 2.2

NO biggie, it is July 12th and you made your first mistake of the year! ;)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You probably read the line:

This update is not Android 2.2

as:

This update is Android 2.2

NO biggie, it is July 12th and you made your first mistake of the year! ;)

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: First mistake of the day..more likely...;)

Aries

Reaction score
not if your rooted from what I have read from past OTA updates. Im running a 2.1 v3 leak that matches almost identical to the most recent OTA update, but never received the "official". I'm kinda curious if this is something that is actually gonna happen.. and if my phone will receive it. (my phone is not rooted)

riadav

Reaction score
This will be my first update, if it happens (have to acknowledge the doubters), since I've had my Eris, will this blow away my root access and custom ROM I'm currently running?

bad4u

Reaction score
I would also like to know if we shouldnt update. I rooted my moms and need to inform her if she shouldnt update and wait for a new rom.