Droid Eris Receives 2.1 Update Today?

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
My daughter has an eris and I a Droid. She already rubs the fact that she has 7 homescreens in my face. I'll never be able to live with her if she gets 2.1 first! LOL

bamfsig45

Reaction score
My daughter has an eris and I a Droid. She already rubs the fact that she has 7 homescreens in my face. I'll never be able to live with her if she gets 2.1 first! LOL

maybe you should root and rub it in her face that your phone is running at 1 ghz and that you have a portable wifi hot spot?? :icon_ banana:

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

maybe you should root and rub it in her face that your phone is running at 1 ghz and that you have a portable wifi hot spot?? :icon_ banana:

You have to root to get that? And you paid 8 times more than I did. :)

cwzwack

Reaction score
Before this supposed release of 2.1 to the Droid Eris, what version should it be on? 2.0? If that's the case, how do you get 2.0? My wife's Eris has 1.5 and doesn't have any updates available.

huskur

Reaction score

but i have 8 times the phone that you have :)

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Before this supposed release of 2.1 to the Droid Eris, what version should it be on? 2.0? If that's the case, how do you get 2.0? My wife's Eris has 1.5 and doesn't have any updates available.

No man, the Eris is SUPPOSED to have Android 1.5

I know, we're complaining about them getting 2.1 first....when they're the ones that are WAY out of date

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

Surely you're not trying to compare the Eris to the Droid? All we need to do is show you a hardware specs comparison and smile.;) Droid=me, Eris=daughter or little sister

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
only thing i want from the hero/eris is the sense ui. every thing else there is no comparison. When you can root let me know. When you can oc let me know. Slapping around the eris is literally like slapping around a lil brother. We have love for you but stop thinking you can really hang with big bro.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

Surely you're not trying to compare the Eris to the Droid? All we need to do is show you a hardware specs comparison and smile.;) Droid=me, Eris=daughter or little sister

Specs?? LOL We are talking a cell phone. Congrats, you can play the lastest 3D shooter on your MotoDroid. HAHAHA

When it comes to the functions of a smartphone, the Eris is just as much bang, for a lot less buck. But if spending $200 vs. $25 makes you feel all superior, bully for you. :icon_ lala:

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

Specs?? LOL We are talking a cell phone. Congrats, you can play the lastest 3D shooter on your MotoDroid. HAHAHA

When it comes to the functions of a smartphone, the Eris is just as much bang, for a lot less buck. But if spending $200 vs. $25 makes you feel all superior, bully for you. :icon_ lala:

Whatever makes you feel better. ;)

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
here are the specs:

DROID ERIS by HTC

Rating Distribution (1937 Reviews) Ease of Use
sm_star_4.png

Display
sm_star_4_5.png

Design
sm_star_4_5.png

Features
sm_star_4_5.png

Battery Life
sm_star_3.png

Details | Demo Add to Cart + Add to Wish List Android OS!

DROID by Motorola

Rating Distribution (5358 Reviews) Ease of Use
sm_star_4.png

Display
sm_star_5.png

Design
sm_star_4_5.png

Features
sm_star_4_5.png

Battery Life
sm_star_3_5.png

Price 2-yr Contract Price $179.99 Online Discount $100.00
Your Price $79.99 2-yr Contract Price $299.99 Online Discount $100.00
Your Price $199.99 Weight 4.23 oz 5.96 oz Usage Time* up to 214 minutes up to 385 minutes Standby Time* up to 373 hours up to 270 hours Battery Standard Lithium Ion Polymer (1300mAh) Standard Lithium-Ion (1390 mAh) Size 4.45H x 2.19W x 0.51D 4.56H x 2.36W x 0.54D Memory ROM: 512MB, RAM: 288MB DDR ROM: 512MB, RAM: 288MB DDR Camera 5 Megapixel 5.0 Megapixel Bluetooth
icon_check.png
icon_check.png
ESPN MVP
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif
Mobile Email
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif
Music Player
icon_check.png
icon_check.png
Netbook
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif
Palm OS
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif
QWERTY Keyboard
icon_check.png
icon_check.png
Removable Memory
icon_check.png
icon_check.png
Ruggedized
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif
Speakerphone
icon_check.png
icon_check.png
Text to Speech Enabled
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif
VZAppZone
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif
Voice Dialing
icon_check.png
icon_check.png
Windows Media Player
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif
Windows Mobile OS
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif

Isn't that crazy?? They ALMOST have the same exact specs....yet one is NOTICEABLY more powerful than the other....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
here are the specs:

DROID ERIS by HTC

Rating Distribution (1937 Reviews) Ease of Use
sm_star_4.png

Display
sm_star_4_5.png

Design
sm_star_4_5.png

Features
sm_star_4_5.png

Battery Life
sm_star_3.png

DROID by Motorola

Rating Distribution (5358 Reviews) Ease of Use
sm_star_4.png

Display
sm_star_5.png

Design
sm_star_4_5.png

Features
sm_star_4_5.png

Battery Life
sm_star_3_5.png

Price 2-yr Contract Price $179.99 Online Discount $100.00
Your Price $79.99 2-yr Contract Price $299.99 Online Discount $100.00
Your Price $199.99 Weight 4.23 oz 5.96 oz Usage Time* up to 214 minutes up to 385 minutes Standby Time* up to 373 hours up to 270 hours Battery Standard Lithium Ion Polymer (1300mAh) Standard Lithium-Ion (1390 mAh) Size 4.45H x 2.19W x 0.51D 4.56H x 2.36W x 0.54D Memory ROM: 512MB, RAM: 288MB DDR ROM: 512MB, RAM: 288MB DDR Camera 5 Megapixel 5.0 Megapixel Bluetooth
icon_check.png
icon_check.png
ESPN MVP
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif
Mobile Email
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif
Music Player
icon_check.png
icon_check.png
Netbook
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif
Palm OS
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif
QWERTY Keyboard
icon_check.png
icon_check.png
Removable Memory
icon_check.png
icon_check.png
Ruggedized
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif
Speakerphone
icon_check.png
icon_check.png
Text to Speech Enabled
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif
VZAppZone
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif
Voice Dialing
icon_check.png
icon_check.png
Windows Media Player
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif
Windows Mobile OS
x_gray.gif
x_gray.gif

Isn't that crazy?? They ALMOST have the same exact specs....yet one is NOTICEABLY more powerful than the other....

im trying to fix it, its running together