Droid Eris Receives 2.1 Update Today?

Stephen Saint

Reaction score
this should end this convo right here i got tired of looking forum after froum and i emiled htc and this is the response i got

New Response From [ Lindsay (North America Support (Tech)) ]
Dear Stephen,

I can understand how important it is to be able to fully utilize your device the HTC Eris. I can understand how frustrating it must be for you to be unable to not know the Update release date.

We do not have an exact date, we are told the late first quarter of 2010. This should be between now and March 31st. You should get this Update Over-The-Air to your phone automatically.

I want to apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced. I want to thank you for contacting HTC. In order to help improve our service I’d like to invite you to take a survey at HTC Online Survey.

HTC Technical Support
HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs
HTC Smartphone Wiki - HTC
HTC | Facebook
YouTube - HTC's Channel
HTC (htc) on Twitter
Customer Information
Name Stephen Vysocky
Telephone
Email Address [email protected]
Country United States
Inquiry Information
Inquiry Type Technical Support
Inquiry Description When is My Eris Update Comming i need my Goggle Nav if you can help me out and give me some Info on how much longer i have to wait? it would be much aprashated
Issue Date & Time
2010/02/23 08:55

lowtech

Reaction score
"this should end this convo right here i got tired of looking forum after froum and i emiled htc and this is the response i got..."

Yup - just what they sent me a while ago... and no - this will not end the convo... it's the nature of forums to have these endless loops of "when?!" :) We might as well enjoy the anticipation!

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
This will not end the convo for one reason: Those of us that have been around technology long enough know that no date means no firm plan for software. I wouldn't be surprised if we are using Android 1.5 on our Eris until well after March 31st. Maybe we will be surprised, but I have seen it too many times to count when it comes to promised updates for technology.

Even dates (the update will be out on such-and-such date) are tenuous at best.

joeb33

Reaction score
Eris running 2.1

[video=vimeo;9548261]http://vimeo.com/9548261[/video]

Mattb

Reaction score
I just got an email from my VZW business rep. He said he checked on 2.1 for me and that it had been delayed. He didnt know anything more but said he would keep me updated.