Droid 4 ICS Leak Re-flash Help Please...

RHOPKINS13

Reaction score
Ok, so I flashed to the latest ICS leak and everything was working fine. Then I installed Safestrap 2.0 and installed CM9 with Safe Mode enabled. Afterwards I found out I lost webtop and decided I wanted to go back to "stock" ics. So I disabled safe mode on safestrap and it seemed to work. Then I uninstalled safestrap. I started having issues with my stock ICS, and decided to re-flash it. But when I went to flash it, it gave an error about my logwrapper file. Apparently safestrap didn't restore it so I had to fix it. But now I'm still having errors about preinstall files that apparently SafeStrap deletes.

I would like to just reflash the 219 Gingerbread flashboot file, and then immediately run the OTA update all over again. Unfortunately, according to the thread with instructions for the flashboot file, it will brick my phone now that I've upgraded to ics. Would this still be the case if I flashed ICS immediately afterwards?

Any ideas on how I can reflash my phone? Thanks!

kwyrt

Reaction score
If you follow the instructions in the Droid 4 Utility Updated thread for going from one ICS leak to another you should be fine. In a nutshell you are fastbooting the .219 file, flashing the .213 ICS kernel, then flashing the .213 update.

Sent from my Droid 4

OP
R

RHOPKINS13

Reaction score
So even though I've already upgraded to ICS, redoing the 219 fastboot won't brick my phone like it says in the instructions?

kwyrt

Reaction score
Flashing .219 doesn't really brick you. Yes, if you are on an ICS leak, just fastbooting to .219 will leave you with an unusable phone. There is no way back to GB from the ICS leak builds. But it is necessary to do this when moving from one ICS leak to another. Fastbooting .219 re-writes enough of the system to trick the ICS leak update into thinking you are still on stock GB. Then you can flash the ICS leak kernel using the Droid 4 utility and flash the ICS leak update file via stock recovery. It won't update otherwise.

OP
R

RHOPKINS13

Reaction score
Thank you kwyrt very much for your help! I had been afraid of bricking my phone because of the red text on the page with the instructions for flashing .219. I tried re-flashing the .219 file, and it ran into several snags (CDI.bin, device_tree.bin, boot.img, cdrom, etc.) but after taking the failing entries out of the XML file in the zip I managed to get it to flash. Then I immediately flashed the .213 leak and it worked fine. I'm happily running on stock ICS. Thanks again for all your help!

kwyrt

Reaction score
Glad you got it up and running! Just in time for a new leak to drop! LOL

Sent from my Droid 4